Chapter 5

Days passed and Conor and I seemed to continue on with our normal friendship throughout the week. We went to work as usual, texted occasionally and met up with a couple of friends for lunch one day. Jay had called me incessantly all week and I ignored it, deciding on if I wanted to answer and give him an explanation for who answered my phone last week.

It was Thursday night, and Hannah and I were currently sitting on the couch in our apartment eating dinner. We had just gotten home from the gym, slightly displeased at our choice to have a healthy meal tonight.

"We should've gotten burgers." Hannah grimaced, picking at her salad. "We go to the gym all the time, why do we have to eat healthy too?"

"It's only 3 meals a week, Han. We can handle it." I laughed.

My phone dinged as I took a bite of my own salad. I picked it up, swiping open the text from Conor.

So a group of us are going to Liquefy tomorrow night. We have the VIP area to ourselves. You coming or do I have to force you?

I typed a response. Idk, you know I'm not really the clubbing type.

Liquefy was a pretty swanky night club that a lot of celebrities went to. Conor and Anth have performed there multiple times, so it was easy for them to get in quickly and at no cost. They also got tons of other benefits from it.

He texted me back and I smiled at his response.You are tomorrow. VIP, babe. Need I say more? You can bring your roommate and her boy toy, too.

"Who is it?" Hannah asked, leaning over to try to read my screen.

"Conor. They reserved the VIP area at Liquefy tomorrow night. Want to go? You can bring Brad."

"Hell yeah!" She said excitedly. "Although, it'll just be me and you. Brad and I aren't really a thing anymore."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said sympathetically.

"Oh, it's totally fine. We both just got bored." She shrugged.

I shook my head in amusement, looking down at my phone as another text came through from Conor.You can stay over at my place afterwards, if you want. ;)

I scoffed, typing back a response. Is that supposed to persuade me to come to the club or something?

He texted back quickly. Ouch. Just trying to sweeten the deal, sweetheart.

I'm in. Hannah's coming too. I replied.

He responded again. Knew you couldn't say no to me ;) We'll pick you girls up tomorrow at 8.Hannah leaned over again, trying to get a look at our conversation, but I snatched it away with a smile before she could see anything too obvious.

"Are you flirting?" She asked suspiciously.

I laughed. "Of course not, it's just Conor. You know we joke around a lot."

A grin formed on her face. "I mean...you did stay over at his place last weekend."

I rolled my eyes. "You know why, Hannah. It was only because Jay was acting crazy."

"I'm teasing." She smiled. "I know you would tell me if something was going on with you and Conor."

I nodded. "Guess we should figure out what we're wearing." I said, trying to change the subject.

Hannah clapped her hands together excitedly. "You're going to let me do your hair and makeup right?"

"As long as you don't make me look like a prostitute." I deadpanned.