Chapter 19

"Happy Birthday!" I yelled, jumping up and down on the bed.

Conor groaned, grabbing my ankle and pulling me down. I laughed as he pulled me in to him, throwing the sheets back over us and closing his eyes.

"I can't wait until we're back home and you're not a morning person anymore." He mumbled.

"What do you want to do today? It's all about you, so we can do whatever you want." I said.

His eyes were still closed but a grin grew on his face. "I can think of something."

"We're not staying in bed all day." I replied.

His eyes opened. "But you said it was my day!" He whined, laughing afterwards.

I rolled my eyes playfully, reaching across the bed to my bag and pulling a box out of it.

"Here." I said, handing it to him. "Open it."

He sat up and looked at me. "You didn't need to--"

"Oh, stop. We both knew I would never NOT get you a birthday present." I laughed. "Besides, it's not a Rolex or anything, don't get too excited." I laughed, referring to what he bought me for my birthday.

He pulled the top off of the box, picking up the small black titanium ring sitting inside of it.

He looked up at me, a small smile on face. "Are you proposing to me?"

I laughed. "Obviously not. You literally have everything and this just kind of came to mind. There's an engraving on the inside."

He lifted it up closer to his face, reading off the date carved inside the band.

"It's either weird or cute, I'm hoping you think the latter." I laughed. "The date is the--"

"First time we hooked up." He smiled. "I remember."

"I'm surprised you remember what day it was." I laughed lightly. "Obviously I did because it was a little more significant for me."

"It was definitely significant for me, just in a different way. Although, I do wish I had known at the time you were a virgin." He replied.

"I know it's a little strange, I just kept thinking about it. I figured if I put it on a ring, no one would see the date and ask about it." I blushed.

He chuckled, pulling off the ring he usually wore on his middle finger and replacing it with the new one. "I love it actually, thank you." He pulled me forward with his hand on the back of my neck, placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

"So, how was it significant enough for you to remember the date?" I asked curiously.

He smiled, spinning the ring around on his finger as he stared at it. "You really want to know?" He glanced up at me momentarily.

"Obviously." I smiled.

"Because it was something I had been hoping to happen for a long time. Maybe not that exact circumstance, which is why I even told you I didn't think it was a good idea. I didn't want to be selfish, but I really wanted you." He said, looking back up at me again.

A grin grew on my face. "You thought about us having sex before we ever did?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm a guy. You're attractive. Don't act so surprised."

I laughed."I'm not sure if I should be flattered or...?"

"Look, Jay was right about one thing. I may have kept my distance as a friend, but that's not really what I wanted." He shrugged.