Chapter 27

I shuffled through the crowd, dodging people left and right as I tugged my small suitcase behind me. I walked hurriedly through the crowded airport. I had only been here once and I had a terrible sense of direction. It took me quite a while to figure out which way I needed to be going, and I ended up asking for help trying to find the correct exit. Apparently there are multiple ones here.

It was freezing as I stepped outside into the late winter weather. It was raining, typical for London. Darkness had set in as it was past 7 o' clock at night causing me to become even more anxious. I scanned the pick up area for the car I was looking for, dragging my small bag with me in the direction of the familiar face, waving a hand at me to get my attention.

I didn't plan on telling anyone I was coming other than Anth and Hannah of course, but I had no other way to find Conor. I swore Jack to secrecy. He offered to pick me up from the airport, but I told him not to worry about it. He insisted, telling me he wanted to help out, and opting to make sure Conor was home when I showed up.When I reached his car, Jack pulled me into a bone crushing hug and I laughed as he lifted me off the ground playfully.

 "It's so good to see you!"

"You too." I smiled, as he placed me back down. "I missed you."

"I'm glad you came." He squeezed my shoulder before picking up my bag and placing it in the trunk of his car.

I breathed a sigh of relief as we both jumped in, feeling the warmth of the heat envelop me.

"He's at home. Do you want to go straight there?" Jack asked, pulling away from the curb.

I was exhausted and jet lagged, but my adrenaline had been pumping since the plane landed and there was no way I was patient enough to check into a hotel first.

"Yeah, I'm ready to do this now." I nodded.

He smiled in response. The car became quiet as Jack drove through the city. My heart was beating faster as I thought of all the possibilities of what could happen.

"You okay?" Jack asked softly.

I look at him, wide-eyed. "Y-yeah. Just a little nervous."

"Why would you be nervous?" He asked, as if it was a ridiculous thought.

"What if he doesn't even want to see me? Or worse, what if he's already moved on and has a girl over?"

Jack scoffed. "You actually think I would have let you fly all the way here if that was the case?"

"I guess not." I mumbled.

"He's been sulking since he moved back. He really misses you."

I took a deep shaky breath as he pulled into what I assume was the parking lot of Conor's apartment, or townhouse maybe. I couldn't tell the difference here. Everything was so different in London.

Jack walked with me to the door and turned to face me. "Ready?"

I nodded, my heart racing as he knocked twice before entering the unlocked door.

"Conor?" He called out.

We heard a muffled "Back here" coming from down the hall and I followed Jack quietly. He stood in front of the door to a bedroom that I assumed Conor used as his studio because I could hear him quietly playing a melody on his keyboard. Although, he stopped when Jack appeared. I stood out of sight from him.

"Hey." I heard Conor mumble. "What's up?"

"You have a visitor." Jack replied, looking over to me with a small smile.