Chapter 28

I ran my hand through my hair, tugging on it lightly in frustration as I flipped through a bridal magazine. The fifth one in the last 2 hours to be precise. Conor paced back and forth in the living room, speaking softly on the phone with his mother.

"I'm not sure, Mum."He rolled his eyes, sighing as she spoke."No, we aren't sure if we are having the wedding here or in the states yet, so we haven't picked a venue."

It had been a little over a month since I've settled in with Conor in his London flat. His parents and siblings were thrilled to learn about our engagement, much to our surprise. I assumed they would be a little hesitant considering the circumstances, but they accepted me none the less.

Although I missed my friends and family back in America, I had grown extremely close with Conor and Jack's friends here in England, considering them as my own friends now. They were supportive of our engagement as well, glad to see Conor so happy.

I still talked to Hannah almost every day. She and Anth took my move out of the country as an opportunity to move in together. Things were still going well for them, and they planned to come visit us in London soon.

"Yes, we'll let you know as soon as we decide. I love you too. Yes, I'll tell her. Layla loves you too."

I smiled and looked up at him in amusement at his last comment. We were both eager to start the planning process, figuring there was no reason to wait a long time for the wedding at this point. Getting married sooner would also help ease the process of my paperwork for residing here since I was currently on a temporary visa.

He sighed, sitting down beside me. "What do you think we should do? Here or the states? I guess we could have two if necessary..."

I bit my lip, debating on whether or not to throw out the idea I had been pondering the last few hours. "What if we did something a little different?"

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"Well...what if we just skipped the whole wedding thing and got married in Vegas?"

He looked at me skeptically for a moment before a grin appeared on his face and he burst into laughter. "Seriously? You want to elope?"

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Are you sure? I just always thought of you as the girl that wanted the whole thing, all the bells and whistles." He smiled.

"Why not? We both love Vegas, it would be cheaper, plus we could literally have our honeymoon at the same time." I replied.

"Is that really what you want? It sounds great to me, but I want you to be happy with what we do."

"I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't want to do it. It would take a lot of stress off both of us. You're already working around the clock and planning for a tour next year as it is." I explained.

"So we're really doing this?" He smirked.

"Looks like it." I said happily.

~*~

Less than two weeks later, we were off to Las Vegas, just the two of us. After a long flight, it was late and we were fairly tired, but managed to get our second wind as the taxi cab took us down the crowded strip towards our hotel. Excitement surged through me as I gazed up at all the flashing lights and busy nightlife. Conor chuckled at me as I stared in amazement. No matter how many times I came here, I still got the same feeling as my very first visit.

After a short trip, we arrived at our destination. Conor booked a beautiful room in one of the nicest hotels on the strip. We hauled our luggage up to our floor, dragging it into the room. Conor collapsed on the bed while I sprung for the curtains, pulling them open to reveal a view of the busy strip below us. A moment later, he appeared behind me, his hands resting gently on my waist.