Chapter 10

Three weeks passed and things seemed to calm down. Conor and I met a couple of times over the weekends and once during the week for an hour or so. We didn't draw any attention to ourselves and I didn't stay at his place overnight even if he tried to talk me into it because 'we knew Hannah was staying at Anth's'. If we were in public we were careful to act like casual friends, not touching or looking at each other differently.

Hannah's suspicion either died down or she was keeping it to herself because we weren't giving her and Anth much to go off of anymore. The only one that truly knew anything was Jack and he was back in England. Jay texted me a couple of times but I didn't reply and he didn't push it any further, seemingly getting the hint that I wasn't going to change my mind.It was currently Thursday, the night before my birthday. I had taken Friday off work so I could do whatever I wanted that day and have a long weekend on top of that. When Conor heard my plans, he convinced me to stay over at his place tonight, persuading me with a reminder that he still 'owed me'. He let me know that Anth had told him Hannah was planning on staying with him tonight to make me feel more comfortable with it. I finally agreed, showing up to his house around 8 o' clock that night after having an early birthday dinner with some of my coworkers.

As soon as I walked into his house, I was pulled upstairs, his hands all over me as he threw me to the bed. I had become so much more comfortable with Conor lately. He always made it his mission to cause me immense pleasure and I had no problem letting him know when I felt it now, which he really seemed to enjoy.Later that night, we were still upstairs in his room 'hanging out'...for the second time.

 I was right on the verge, moaning his name loudly as I came undone. A satisfied grin appeared on his face as I breathed heavily, my body collapsing onto the mattress. He lay down beside me, his breathing already starting to slow.

"Have I ever told you you're really good at that?" I asked, my eyes still closed.

"I gathered as much based on how you just reacted." He replied.

I smiled in amusement, finally opening my eyes to find him staring at me."What?" I asked as he smirked at me.

"Nothing." He shook his head, glancing at the clock on his bed side table. The grin appeared again. "Happy Birthday."

I let out a breathy laugh. "Thanks."

"No, really. It's after midnight." He smiled, standing up and walking to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

 I followed him, stepping into the shower while he searched for some clean boxers. I cleaned up quickly, drying off and throwing on some clothes as he took his turn in the shower.

"So, how about I give you your birthday present?" He smiled.

"I thought you just did." I joked, standing in front of the mirror as I took my hair down, brushing through it.

He laughed loudly as he turned the shower off, reaching for a towel. "No, but I'd be happy to do it again as an added bonus."

I laughed in response as I went to his bed, sitting up against the headboard and pulling the comforter over me as I turned on his TV.He came wandering in to the room a few minutes later in sweats and a t-shirt, holding a black box about the size of my fist.

"Happy Birthday." He smiled, holding it out to me.

"You didn't actually have to get me anything." I said, taking it hesitantly.

"Well, I could've taken you out for a nice dinner or something, but I thought it might draw too much attention." He smirked.

I smiled back and opened it slowly, my heart practically stopping. A delicate silver Rolex sat in the middle of the box, diamonds all around the face of the watch.