Chapter 6

Friday night came quickly. After a long day of work, Hannah and I were in our apartment waiting for the guys as she did some final touch-ups on my hair. After fighting with her for twenty minutes, she finally agreed to keep my makeup light and natural, and opted to leave my hair down in soft waves.She decided on a half up do for herself, braiding her hair down the middle and putting it in a messy bun. The rest that was left down was in beach waves. She slipped on her red stilettos as I pulled on my black heels, black glitter covering the straps and heel of the shoe. I paced back and forth anxiously, waiting for them to show up.

"Are you nervous?" She asked, confusion on her face as she watched me pace.

"Kind of." I said, spinning around.

"Why?" She laughed.

I turned to her. "I don't go clubbing. What am I even supposed to do?"

"You think too much." She said, shaking her head. "Dance, drink, have fun. It's not that complicated."

I nodded, opening my mouth to respond when my phone vibrated in my hand, Conor texting me to say that they were outside the building."It's Conor."

"Showtime!" Hannah said excitedly, clapping her hands together and pulling me out the door.We took the elevator to avoid walking three flights of steps in heels and shuffled out the door, stepping onto the sidewalk.

"Over there." I said, gesturing to a black SUV parked at the curb, Conor and Anth standing in front of it, talking amongst themselves.

 As we approached them, Anth noticed us first as he was facing us. Conor was leaning against the car, his back to us.

"Damn girl!" Anth shouted, and we giggled as we got closer to them.

Conor turned around, spotting us. He was completely stone faced as his eyes roamed up and down my body before looking over to Hannah, greeting her with a smile.

"You girls look great!" Anth smiled. "Never seen you so dressed up, Layla."

"Thanks." I blushed. "You're not so bad yourself. You remember Hannah, right?" I asked, looking at her.

"Yeah, of course." He said, smiling at her again.

"Ready to go?" Conor asked, speaking up for the first time.

Everyone nodded and Anth opened the door, helping Hannah into the back of the SUV. I stepped forward to climb in once she and Anth were inside, but felt hands on my waist, stopping me. Conor pulled me backwards so I was flush again him and leaned down so he wouldn't be heard as he spoke.

"You look hot as fuck, you know that?" He whispered, his breath hitting my face.

I stared straight ahead and smirked, blushing furiously. Conor dropped his hands from my waist, stepping to the side and placing one hand on my lower back to guide me forward as Anth turned to me, offering me a hand. I took it gratefully and climbed in beside Hannah, sitting down as the guys slid into the row in front of us.

"What's with the rental?" I asked, glancing at the driver.

Conor turned around to face us, resting his arm across the back of the seat. "Didn't think we would be in any shape to drive afterwards."

"Good call." Hannah nodded.

We made casual conversation during the drive to the club, stepping out excitedly as the driver pulled up next to the curb for us. We filed out one by one and I thanked the driver as I slid out, stepping onto the sidewalk. Conor smiled, shaking his head at me as he reached in the window of the driver, handing him a tip.