Chapter 16

Three long days later we were finally boarding the plane to London and I couldn't be more excited. I followed Conor into the first class section for the first time in my life, amazed at how much more luxurious it was than Economy.Once we were seated and the plane was in the air, Conor became bored and impatient. I started a conversation to try and distract him.

"Are you excited to see your parents?" I asked.

"Sure." He replied. "It's been a few months. I'm excited for you to meet them."

"I'm kind of nervous." I stated.

"Don't be. They'll love you. Mum already knows some things about you from before. When we were just friends. She's excited to meet you in person. Said that you sound like a good wholesome girl." He chuckled.

"She obviously doesn't know how we ended up together." I muttered.

"You're still good and wholesome. One wild thing in your life doesn't make you a bad girl, sorry to say." He smiled. "Besides, only a good girl would go to her best friend for sex and end up in a relationship with him." He spoke lowly so no one else could hear us.

I laughed, smacking him on the shoulder. "It's not my fault you're so irresistible." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, I tend to have that affect on women." He joked.

I laughed along with him and he leaned closer, lowering his voice even more. "I mean, if you want to be a bad girl we can arrange that."

I gave him a look of confusion as a smirk appeared on his face. "What do you mean?"

"Want to join the mile high club?" He asked softly, placing a hand on my thigh.

I rolled my eyes and he snickered. "Definitely not."

"Oh come on." He pressed.

"I'll just make it up to you when we get to the hotel." I smiled.

"We aren't staying at a hotel." He said, completely monotone.

"We aren't staying with your parents though, right?" I asked.

"Hell no. Mum would probably make us stay in separate rooms." He joked.

"So, where are we staying?" I questioned.

"You'll see." He said, giving me a cheeky smile.

Hours later we arrived in London and excitement filled me as we hauled our luggage to our rental car. Conor pulled our coats out of one of our bags, handing mine to me as I rubbed my arms from the cold air. Of course he opted for a Mercedes similar to the one he owns back in L.A. We pulled out of the parking deck onto the busy streets of the city and I squealed with excitement as a light snow fell.

"I love snow!" I said happily.

Conor smiled at my enthusiasm. "Lucky you, it usually just rains here."

It was cold and dreary out as the daylight started to fade away. I stared out the window in awe at the beauty of the glowing Christmas lights that were hung everywhere throughout the city, since Christmas was nearly a month away.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, glancing at me. "'Cause I'm starving."

"Me too." I agreed.

We stopped at a pub to get burgers and it was everything you expect an English pub to look like.

"I used to come here all the time with friends when I lived in London." Conor said. "It's crazy to think of how different things are now. I never thought I would be living in America."