Chapter eleven

Marinette stirred, her hand reaching up to her eye to rub it. She looked over to her right, startled as she saw the blonde staring at her. He looked deep in thought, his attention on her features as he slowly sat up, acknowledging the pain that had, unfortunately, come back to him.

Marinette sat up a bit, resting all of her upper body weight on her right forearm.

She watched the blonde glance at her, then at the door as if he was expecting someone to be there at the moment.

He rubbed his eyes, his sleepy haze not fully gone yet. Marinette let her lips curve into a smile. She watched as the blonde looked over at her and smiled back at her with that famous, innocent smile he's always had. She giggled, her hand going up to her mouth to try and stifle the sound from coming out. Adrien closed his eyes, the giggle that came from Marinette sent an electrical flow through his body, sending butterflies through his stomach as he let the giggle come through his left ear, and go out his right.

Marinette yawned, stretching some before climbing out the hospital bed, aware that she has to be careful because of Adrien's return of pain, and shuffling over to her bag, her back hunch.

She searched her bag for her phone, pulling it out from under one of her shirts. She made her way back to the bed, sitting on the edge of Adrien's side of the bed.

Adrien watched her put her pin in, going to her messages as she saw she had gotten a text from Alya.

[How's Mr.Model doing? I hope
he gets better so you can
stalk him in class again. Lol.]

Marinette turned to look at the blonde, looking to see if he saw the message, but Adrien stared blankly at the window curtains, looking at the sun's highlighting rays shining through them.

Marinette placed her phone on the bed, getting up to open the curtains.

The sun bounced brightly off her soft, porcelain skin. She brought her hand up to cover her eyes from the bright light.

Adrien raised an eyebrow, and a smile seeked it's way to his lips.

She's so beautiful.

There wasn't anything on her that wasn't beautiful. The way she stood; kindly and courageously. The way she talked; cautious, not hesitant, and straight forward at points. Adrien couldn't hide the blush that creeped onto his face as Marinette looked back at him, making her way back to the edge of the bed.

She picked her phone up, giving Adrien a glance. He watched as she pressed something on her phone, then she scooted closer to him.

She brought her phone up, her arm extended in the air.

She lifted up a peace sign, getting her and Adrien in the camera frame for the picture.

He looked up at the camera, throwing a peace sign as well with his modeling smile.

Seeing Adrien smiling now, Marinette snapped the photo, smiling brightly at the blonde in the photo.

She brought the phone back to her level, looking at the picture. She held up the phone to his face, and he nodded, his expression soft.

She moved her phone from her face bringing it up again. She looked at Adrien, taking her left had to grab his chin and pull him into a kiss.

He, easily, kissed her back, and Marinette took the photo, tossing her phone to the side as she deepened the kiss, both of her hands finding their way to his cheeks to bring him closer to her.