Chapter thirty-one

Recap from last chapter:

Plagg has left the Agreste Mansion upset from Adrien's unsaid choice.

"Believe what you wanna believe, Adrien. I'd have no reason to lie to my best friend."

Adrien has a flashback from something his mother has said to him previously in the past.

"This world could be beautiful; full of love. . . but it's the people in the world that makes it ugly and despiteful. Like life. Life can knock you down so hard. . . you just have to be willing to get back up. . . and when you do. . . I'll be waiting here for you~"

Marinette talks to Adrien about how she never told her parents her and Adrien were together again.

Marinette crossed her arms. "You do realize you and my papa aren't on good terms, right?"

Adrien threw his arms by his sides. "You didn't tell him!?"

Paris is under attack by a giant woman, complaining about how the Parisians are useless compared to Chat Noir.

"You shrimps are all useless! Where's that Chat Noir!? He's the only guy I can love!"

Enjoy~ ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

"Plagg! Transform me!" Adrien yelled, waiting for the kwami to get sucked into the ring.

Adrien looked down at his body, expecting his transformation to have taken over him. "Plagg?"

Face palming, the blonde cursed under his breath, looking up at the giant who was kicking some men around the Places de Vosges fountain.

"Shit. . ." he cursed through gritted teeth. Giving the giant a small glance, Adrien ran for the bakery doors, slipping in just before a chunk of the fountain landed in front of it.

Adrien turned around to see Sabine and Tom mid-gathering an order for a customer. Marinette stood to the side, giving Adrien a glare.

"What are you doing here?" Tom spat, placing a box of croissants down and crossing his arms.

Adrien looked away, but shook his head. "I don't know if you noticed, but, your bakery door window just got shattered from the impact of a boulder hitting it."

Tom furrowed his brows. "I didn't ask all of that." 

Adrien rolled his eyes. "How 'bout you look out your window then! There's an akuma!"

Sabine glanced over, eyes trailing up the tall woman that was pulling trees out of their roots. She tugged at Tom's shirt, gaining his infuriated attention.

Tom looked up at the giant, his arms unfolding. "Oh mon dieu. . ."

The giant stomped, sending a giant rumble through the ground. The bakery shook, sending everybody to the ground with a yelp.

Adrien got up, helping the helpless customer to his feet. "You okay, sir?"

The man frantically nodded, body shaking and legs wobbling. "I don't want to die!"

Adrien placed a hand on his shoulder, making the man stare into his eyes. "I can promise you you won't die-" he glanced around the room. "-and that goes for everybody. No one's dying on my watch."

Marinette smiled, shaking her head. Adrien lightly pushed the scared man towards Tom and Sabine, pointing at Marinette. "Marinette. Take your parents, and this man, and hide under your stairway. If this woman tries to come down on the bakery, you'll all be atleast safe enough under it."