Chapter thirty

Considering that Adrien is also a main protagonist to the miraculous show, these next couple of chapters will be mainly focused on his life more than Marinette's. There will be some case scenarios with Marinette, but officially, Adrien's side of his lifestyle will be more focused on. Enjoy~

-----------------------------------------

   The following week passed by like a lightning flash, leaving Adrien questioning so many things.

Did he really love Marinette? Or was she just a side piece to console his love for Ladybug? Was he using her? Did she really love him back? Is their relationship real or for the sake of it?

"What's got you so lost in thought, kid?" Plagg questioned from beside the blonde, seated on his shoulder.

Adrien glanced away. "Nothing. . . let's get ready for the photoshoot."

Plagg gave the blonde a worried look before hovering off his shoulder, watching him walk off to his bathroom, a gloomy trail following behind him.

The atmosphere felt dark. There was a guilt trip somewhere in the Agreste mansion, and it was making Plagg unsure about anything. He wouldn't take a second to think it could be any other person besides Adrien since the aura seemed to radiate off of him the most, but Plagg could feel it coming from a smaller section in the mansion, guiltier and distant more than anything. So Plagg did what any other curious kwami would do, and went to go check it out.

Flying to where he thought it could be, he stationed himself in a plant pot that sat not too far from the front doors that led to Gabriel's office.

"But, Mr. Agreste, Adrien deserves someone bette than Lila. She is using him for popularity," Plagg heard Nathalie's voice echo through the giant doors.

"It doesn't matter who or what is good for Adrien! What's good for him is that he better be lucky he's still living in this house hold with all the Tom foolery he's put our Agreste name through!" Gabriel bellowed. Plagg flinched from the sudden yell, shaking his head to clear his ringing ears.

"I just don't see why he should be her if she's using him for your name, Sir. Adrien has been through so much now, and I think he needs someone who will be there for him all the time and whenever," Nathalie attempted to reason.

It went silent for awhile, causing Plagg to remove himself from the pot, flying up to the doors to get a better hearing.

Plagg was so close to fazing through the door before there was a loud slap echoed through the room, then a crash.

Plagg had the urge to fly though the solid blocking his way of seeing what was happening, but he also didn't want to witness what he heard.

Waiting a second, Plagg was about to leave when Nathalie's voice caught him by surprise.

"The fact you thought you could come on to me just because you've known about my feelings for awhile doesn't give you the right to do that! You're a married man for Gods sake! Respect the woman that is lying in her coffin, unconscious, right now!" Her voice boomed through the empty mansion.

Plagg was now sure Adrien heard that, and no power of the shower head spurting water could cover that.

"For a second, I thought you changed, Gabriel. You were canceling calls for your company, just so you'd have time to spend with Adrien. I really thought you changed for the greater good. . . . but the fact you kiss me because I was angry and you thought I would easily let it surpass considering I have, no, had, emotions for you.

"You're a sick bastard, and don't deserve a place on this earth. You abuse your only child, same with his mother, allowing her to slowly wither away in this mansion basement. They don't deserve someone like you, and neither do I.