Chapter twenty-one

Friday. The only day in his life he would ever dread the most.

He had school. School were you have to sit in a seat for several classes, learning anonymous things over and over again only to have a test or quiz on them, then leaving those things in the past, only to remember when you have finals and exams. It was pointless, really.

Adrien raised an arm over his eyes, letting out a angry groan.

Lila. The only thing that was on his mind was her, and it wasn't a good thing. Not the slightest.

His head ached when her face popped up into her mind, and he had to rub his temples to remove the thought of her.

The urge to vomit purged through his body, and he shot out of bed to relieve himself for the fourth time since he's seen the brunette.

Adrien slumped over his toilet, heaving until Plagg hovered right above him. "Kid, this puking has to stop. I know it's a natural thing, but you can mess up your throat like that." Adrien climbed to his feet, washing out his mouth, then wiping it with the back of his hand.

"I know, Plagg. You don't have to remind me for the second time, you know." Plagg rolled his eyes.

"Only trying to warn you, banana boy." Adrien punched the wall.

"Plagg? I am not in the mood to be joking right now. I'm in pain, and I have to go to school and see Marinette hurt because of father's decisions." Plagg faltered, silently apologizing to the blonde.

Adrien slugged to his closet, pulling out his everyday outfit.

He tugged it on, then gathered his school items, tossing them into his school bag, and lazily pulling the bag on to his shoulder.

He let out a long sigh, praying today would go by quick enough so he could get tomorrow over with already.

"Let's go, Plagg." Plagg flew into his chest, hiding under his over shirt, giving the blonde a sorrowful look.

"Please come back, Marinette. . . . ." Plagg whispered, hoping his owner heard, even though Plagg meant it for himself.

~~~~UwU~~~~

Adrien hesitantly got out of his car, looking around the school like it was his first day there.

He headed up the steps to the school, not even fazed that he was late.

He climbed the stairs to the second floor, starting to his classroom when someone ran into him from behind.

He stumbled forward, but the person that bumped into him fell onto their knees, and Adrien turned back to quickly help them.

He stopped in his steps when he saw the familiar raven hair he adored more than anything.

The blunette looked up at him, and everything around them stopped, the air being thick enough to cut.

Adrien, not knowing what to say, fell down onto his knees, shuffling to the blunette. He wrapped his arms around her so fast Marinette could hear the wind from the sudden action.

She didn't hug back. She sat there, mouth hung agape as she felt her eyes welt up with tears.

Adrien's grip on her never fell from being tight, and he held on for life, not wanting to let go anytime sooner.

"Marinette. . . . . ." Marinette closed her mouth, letting the tears finally fall.

She was surprised when she heard Adrien sobbing into her neck.