Chapter twenty-five

Adrien couldn't stop his foot from tapping restlessly under the table.

Every second he got a chance to, he glanced towards the restroom area, waiting for Marinette's return.

Luka was too busy stuffing his face, and Lila was watching him with love-sick eyes.

Adrien got up without the both of them noticing and made his way to the gender based restrooms.

Sucking in a deep breath with a hopeful pray, he creaked the women's door open, peeking inside.

Luckily, no one was in there, from where he could see, and Adrien let out a relieved sigh.

"Marinette?" He called out, stepping past the door as it shut behind him.

The sound of his voice echoed across the walls, causing Adrien to swallow heavily.

"Marinette? I know you're in here..." He shakily said, checking the first stall.

Do I though?

He cautiously checked every last stall, his heart beating wildly in his chest.

There was nothing in the restroom for him to find that'd explain her disappearance, leaving Adrien clueless and frustrated.

Adrien moved the the sink, searching the counter top thoroughly before falling to his knees to look under the sink.

There was a bent in half piece of paper resting back in the corner, and Adrien grabbed for it, opening it quicker than lightning.

'Hello, fellow reader. If you are reading this, I know who you're looking for. If you want her back, return the Peacock Miraculous to 1437 Hunter Lane, Lyon, France, and your Miraculous, Adrien.'

Adrien dropped the note, panting heavily.

The door to the restroom opened behind him, and a woman with her daughter walked in. She stared uneasily at the blonde, then led her kid to a stall, glancing back at him.

Adrien picked the note back up, and left the restroom, his palms sweaty and knees weak.

Bile rose to his throat, and he had to continuously swallow it back down so he didn't make a scene.

Giving a side glance to Luka and Lila, Adrien left the restaurant, mentally noting to pay Luka back for the sudden dine-'n-dash.

The model rushed back home, his eyes filled with tears, and his lungs heavy. Never had breathing seemed so hard to do, since the superhero duty he had to maintain.

Adrien rounded a corner, tapping a button to get Nathalie's attention through the monitor.

The camera popped out, then closed itself back in after getting a good look at the blonde.

The gates to the mansion opened, and Adrien sprinted inside, running past his father's office in case of unwanted contact, and up to his room, shutting and locking both doors before setting himself on his couch.

"They took her...they took her....they took her....they took her...." Adrien mumbled breathlessly, rocking back and forth with his knees pulled to his chest.