twenty-seven

Sephony and Hades stand in the doorway of the fates castle, the guard had left them as soon as they got to where they needed to be. Sephony thought that Hades seemed a little off by the guard and she would try to steer clear of the guard when they came back out. She takes Hades hand and goes to walk in, but a ringing sound stops them from going further.

"What is that?" Hades asks as he looks around trying to find the sound of the ringing, the sound of it making him go crazy already. Sephony stops him from moving and reaches into his pocket and pulls out a phone. She presses the accept button and puts the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She asks and a voice sighs out in relief.

"Sephony, thank the gods, we've got a problem." Liam says and Sephony goes rigid, as does Hades.

"What kind of problem? Is everything okay?" Sephony asks worriedly and Liam shakes his head on the other line, forgetting that they can't see him.

"No, Titan and Silas are missing, Misery and Blade got split up in that witch's hideout, and Pain is trying to get this witch to tell us if Titan and Silas are actually mates, and you two are gone!" Liam exclaims and Sephony takes in a deep breath, Hades cursing from behind her as he growls out the many things he's going to do once he gets his hands on them.

"Okay, Liam calm down. The witch is there with you and Pain, she's supposed to tell you if the two are mates, send out some search parties for them and let me know when that witch has an answer. Misery and Blade, keep an ear out for them, have Pain try to contact her brother and you try to contact your Alpha whenever you get the chance, we can take no surprises. Hades and I are here to get answers to all of these things, and we hope that we get a bit of a lead. Has anyone heard a thing of Eyra?" Sephony asks curiously as she puts a hand on Hades shoulder and gives him a glare. He calms down almost immediately as he goes back to listening to what is happening.

"That's also a thing I was supposed to talk to you about. I need a way in so I can go check to see if everything is okay, we've had no contact with the people who were supposed to be holding Eyra today at all, and we need some eyes in there so we can know she's where she is supposed to be." Liam says and Sephony sighs as she takes this all in. She looks to Hades who grabs the phone from her.

"There should be a carriage in front of your pack house now, you need to go into your Alpha's office and go into his desk, there should be bag that looks like gold, I need you to take that with you." Hades instructs and Liam laughs.

"Already ahead of you, I suppose that I put this on the carriage to make it go faster?" Liam questions and Hades rolls his eyes.

"Yes, now since you know what your doing call me when you know something, and give Pain my number too, we need to know when they get sight of Titan and Silas." Hades says as he hangs up the phone and puts it back into his pocket. Sephony rolls her eyes at his actions and looks to him with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" He asks once he sees her look and Sephony just shrugs with a smile.

"Nothing, I've just never heard you be so demanding, it was about time that it happened though." Sephony says and Hades looks to her confused.

"Oh you know, your a King and all, your supposed to be demanding and controlling, it's in your nature. I'm just saying, you haven't brought out that side of you when you are with me, it was about time it happened thought, I was beginning to think you didn't have what it takes to be a King." Sephony teases as she opens the door to the entrance of the fates castle. Hades rolls his eyes at his mate's actions as he shuts the door behind him.

"Oh ha, ha, very funny, just keep making fun of me why don't you." Hades says as he starts to look around. Sephony giggles as she starts to walk off towards the place where they met the fates the last time.

"I will." Sephony replies and Hades turns her way in a playful glare. Sephony stops at the dining room door and turns to Hades who is walking her way.

"Ready?" She asks and he nods. She pushes the door open with a creak and steps inside, Hades following her in.

"Queen Sephony, King Hades, a pleasure to see you again. Come sit, we've been waiting for your arrival. It seems we have some important things to talk about." Decima says as she gestures towards the empty seats. Sephony nods as she goes to take her seat, Hades sitting beside her quietly.

"So, are we ready to begin?" Nona asks and the two nod their heads.

"Perfect." Morta says with a grin as they start.

---------

Misery walks from the dark tunnel and into a small, lit up room. He goes to step inside but a sound from behind him has him freeze up. He hurries his little legs into the lit up room and hides on the side of the entrance inside the coats that were hung up. He peeks his head out a bit to see who was coming and his tense form relaxes as he spots Blade. He pushes the coat out of his way so that Blade could see him and the two relax once they realize they weren't alone anymore.

"How'd you get here?" Misery asks and Blade growls silently.

"My tunnel came to a dead end, so I had to turn around and go the way you went, I might of ran because I was annoyed." Blade admits and Misery laughs at the miserable Alpha.

"Well the good thing is were not separated anymore, but it seems the witch isn't here either." Misery says as he points his head in the direction of the witch's things. It was a small circled room, about the size of a big living room, it had a desk on one side of the room, with some books and files and a ton of things piled around everywhere, a bed on the opposite side of the desk with some clothes piled around it. The doorway that they entered had some shoes at the entrance and a coat rack, in the middle was a huge circle carpet with a small glass table with a stool beside it with some glasses on it. Next to the table was a small fire pit with a pot on an unlit fire. It seemed this witch had spent some time here. Blade takes in a whiff and immediately regrets it as his wolf senses kick in.

"Ugh, she sure is a witch. A disgusting one." Blade says as he hold back the bile that had built at the back of his throat. Misery rolls his eyes as he walks further inside the room.

"It's not that bad wolf boy, just hurry up, find anything that might give us anything over her, otherwise we're going to have to do a stake out to wait for her." Misery says but before Blade can make a sarcastic remark, footsteps come into their hearing range.

"Well, it seems like fate wanted us to skip the first step very quickly." Blade says with a growl as the two hurry to find a spot so that they don't get caught immediately. The two both just give up quickly as they take their place at both sides of the entrance, objects in hand. You can hear the witch's voice from where they were as she sang an old pack song. Misery was probably to small to do anything to her upper body so he just sufficed for going for the legs. Blade on the other hand devised a plan to knock her out with the pan in his hand. Their plans went out the window as the witch came into the entrance with her hand up.

"Don't you even try it." She says simply and the two look at one another. So much for a sneak attack.