twenty-eight

Pain sat in front of the witch in the living room, staring at her as the witch had her eyes closed. Liam had just left to go check up on Eyra, leaving Pain alone with the witch who was supposed to help them find Titan and Silas.

"So are they?" Pain asks impatiently and the witch sighs in annoyance as Pain was being impatient.

"No, I can't tell unless there is complete silence." The witch says pointedly as she gives a small glare to Pain who just rolls her eyes.

"Well if you would hurry it up maybe you would have some patience." Pain says sassily as she lets out a huff of breath at the irritating woman. The witch closes her eyes again as she sits very still. Her eyebrows furrow like she's seeing something and then it's just like her body turned to stone and not a movement was to be seen, not even a breath. For a good ten minutes Pain sits there on the edge of the couch as she contemplates whether the witch was dead or not, when suddenly the witch's eyes shot open in a surprised look.

"What, what is it?" Pain asks worriedly and the witch chuckles.

"Well this is a first." She says as she sobers up and Pain glares harshly at her and growls out.

"Spit it out woman!" Pain demands and the witch nods hurriedly and starts to explain.

"Your friend, Titan is his name, he's fine, more than fine actually, but in trouble too. Silas is not his mate, Eyra actually had the witch do one last thing for her. She had the witch make Silas and Titan think they were mates, Silas's mate died a long time ago, and he made a witch erase his memory of her so he wouldn't be so heartbroken anymore. That's how he became rouge, how he ended up here I have no idea, but he's with your friend right now. They've actually gone somewhere, it was dark and cold, I couldn't quite make it out. But Titan is not alone, there is another person with the two, but they've been blocked by my visions." The witch says and Pain shakes her head.

"Well find out who and where, we don't know if he's truly okay or not!" Pain growls out as she starts to get angrier and the witch shakes her head.

"I can't, that's all the information I was given. The rest is blocked." The witch tries to explain but this makes Pain angrier.

"I have been looking for the two for hours now and you say after all this time you still can't tell me where they are! Why not?" Pain demands and the witch sighs.

"I can not interfere with fate, I can only see so far to where a person is or if they are in trouble, but I can never actually tell 'where' they are." The witch states and Pain glares at her as she gives off another riddle.

"Look witch-" Pain starts but is interrupted.

"Arla." The witch says and Pain nods.

"Look Arla, my friends are in real big trouble, and it's my job to find where they are. If I don't then some bad stuff is going to go down, we need Titan here, and we need Silas away from him. My brother is out there right now trying to find a dark magic witch, who has helped this psycho named Eyra mess with our lives, my King and Queen are out there trying to get information from the fates because they believe that we have a rebellion on our hands. So please, whatever information that you have I need it." Pain pleads and Arla gives her a sorrowful look.

"I've told you all I can, I'm truly sorry but I can't see anything else on your friend. Maybe something else can help you find where he is, but I can't. Is their anyone else that you want me to see, an enemy or a foe of some sort?" Arla asks and Pain looks to her confused.

"Enemy, foe?" Pain asks herself quietly and then it dawns on her.

"Royal Beta Dani, find him." Pain demands as she remembers the story that was told of him, the Beta that betrayed the crown.

"A enemy or a foe?" Arla asks as she starts to prepare herself for another reading.

"Enemy." Pain says coldly as Arla closes her eyes.

"Let's begin."

--------

Blade and Misery look across the table at the witch who was reading through papers.

"So." Blade draws out as he shifts nervously in the chair the witch suggested for him with sweaty palms. Misery rolls his eyes as he watches the Alpha have a nervous breakdown. Misery turns his attention to the witch with a grin.

"So who are you?" He asks and she puts her paper down. She sighs as she sits back in her seat from behind her desk, the two sitting in front of it with curious eyes.

"I'm someone you might know, but don't remember." She says and Misery laughs.

"Please, I remember faces, if I knew you I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be asking who you are." He says cheekily and she rolls her eyes.

"My name is Diem, I was a part of the council when the King was alive." She explains and Blade freezes at this. Misery on the other hand just looked confused.

"What? Can you explain just a little more for the clueless person in the room?" Misery asks sarcastically and Diem sighs.

"I'm Beta Dani's mate."

--------

Images run through Hades and Sephony's mind like a broken movie. The same two images repeating over and over again, like their on a loop. They try to get a good look at it but then it suddenly stops. Now it's just one of the two images, but it's sat still, like the movie finally stopped and this was what it stopped on. Sephony tries to get a good look at it but the more she looks at it the more she gets confused. The picture is of an empty cell, and Sephony questions what an empty cell has to do with her. But then it dawns on her, the so terrible thought of the person that they thought they had locked up, the same person that was trying to kill her, the person who pretended to be her friend's mate.

Eyra.

Then the image faded.