thirty-three

Sephony and the group start to walk down the hall towards the dungeons, but a figure jumps out of the darkness and on top of them. Sephony squeals as the figure licks her face and she giggles as she realizes who it is.

"Cerby, I've missed you too!" She says as she tries to get him off of her, while she tries to get up off the ground. Cerberus sees this and backs up off of her with a puppy grin. Cerberus looks to Hades who grins too.

"I've missed you too buddy." He says and sobers up almost immediately after.

"We've got to stop getting distracted, we have no idea what they could be doing to the two. Cerberus lead the way." Hades tells him and he gives a little puff as he turns around. Cerberus starts to walk down the hall as requested when he turns the corner. Sephony and the others follow behind as they try to be as quiet as possible. Cerberus stops at a closed door and Hades walks up to it and opens it.

"This is it." Hades says as he looks back at the others with a blank look, his emotions completely hidden. Sephony looks on with a small voice of hesitance but she pushes it away.

"Let's go." She says as she walks down the steps ahead of everyone else, Cerby following straight behind her without a second thought. She walks down the stairs with no sight, the second she went completely in the darkness had surrounded her. She puts a hand on the wall and on Cerby as he walks down the stairs beside her. A cold draft comes through and racks a shiver down her spine. She continues to go down, when finally a light comes into her view but that isn't the only thing. She hears voices too, not one, but two.

"When I get out of here, you're going to wish you hadn't put me in here, my Alpha is going to tear you two apart!" Liam growls out and Titan laughs.

"And to think I thought someone like you was my mate!" He snarls to who she assumes must be Eyra. Eyra laughs as she hears this.

"You two are so oblivious to the things around you, look where you are, it's no place unfamiliar." She says as she gives them a hint. Titan goes to curse at her when suddenly his voice goes silent mid curse. Sephony, too intrigued not to know, peeks over the wall separating the stairs from the cells. Down at the end of the cells, about six away, still in viewing distance, is a small break room. She sees that Eyra is glaring at a glass, and Dani is sitting at a desk. Sephony feels somebody come up behind her and turns around in a panic. She sighs in relief as it's just the rest of the group and Cerby. Hades comes up next to her and looks around the wall. He curses silently to himself as he realizes they've gotten into the cell vault. He turns to the group with cold eyes.

"We need a new plan." He says as he pushes the group back and away from the stairs and the wall so they could have more protection.

"What do you mean?" Pain asks and Hades sighs,

"They've gotten into the cell vault, we'll have to go around. And if they want Sephony, they are no doubt going to make us completely leave the dungeons, and lock the door so we can't get back in. If we go around to the cell vault, we can possibly get in through where Liam and Titan are, but also have a chance to break into the room that Eyra and Dani are staying in. There is going to be guards watching over the entrance to the cell vault, so we'll need Misery, he can get near them and distract them, Pain will stay here with Sephony, and Cerberus too, she needs the extra protection. Blade, Misery let's go. It's time." Hades says and the two nod. It was happening. Sephony looks at the group with a grin,

"Who's ready to kick some but?" She asks and they all grin.

---------------

Eyra and Dani look on from their places.

"An Alpha's Beta and a King's doctor. How fulfilling. But it's clearly not enough. Dani when will the other arrive?" She asks her father who look to her with a smile.

"Well it should be right about now, our people caught sight of her not too long ago, they should be bringing her soon." Dani responds and at that time the door to Liam and Titan's cells opens and in is thrown a woman. The doors are quickly shut, blocking their view, and exit out. Eyra grins down at the face with fiery eyes.

"Why hello Deme, it's nice to finally meet you." Eyra says to the figure down below. Sephony's mother glares at the wall where she knows Eyra is behind and smirks.

"Well we don't have long, it seems my daughter is smarter than you think." She says and that makes Eyra turn around towards the cells, and there stands Sephony. Eyra smirks as she looks at the little queen.

"I assume you came alone?" Eyra asks and Sephony looks behind her, where a figure comes out.

"Not exactly." Sephony says as she watches Cerby stand next to her with a protective stance. Eyra rolls her eyes at this and chuckles.

"What is that dog supposed to do, protect you? How sweet." Eyra says and Sephony shakes her head with a small smile.

"Of course, how could he. He's just here for me, I thought that if I'm supposed to die, I can at least bring someone of comfort, a childhood dog, can't I?" She lies as she looks to Eyra who nods.

"Of course, and what is your dog's name, so that I can call him by it once he becomes mine?" Eyra asks and Sephony grins. Eyra had bought her lie, she thought that this beast was her dog, oh how wrong she was. She wasn't going to tell her how this 'childhood dog' could grow three heads and eat her alive.

"Cerberus, his name is Cerberus." She responds with a grin. Eyra shrugs as she hears this but for the people behind the wall. They were still listening in, and their faces also supported a grin.

Sephony was here, and she wasn't alone.