twenty-nine

Liam steps into the quiet building that is holding Eyra. He looks around only to see that the place is empty. The place was never empty, because it held some of the worlds most supernatural enemies, and this place was always protected securely. He new something was up and he had to move fast. He went down the halls that held the prisoners, all of them empty. This made Liam move faster in fear that Eyra had escaped. He stops in front of Eyra's cell with a curse. All the prisoners including Eyra had escaped, and there was no guard in sight. He grabs his phone out of his pocket and dials Hades number. He listens to it ring and then it disconnects into that automated voice.

"Sh-" Liam starts but is cut off by a voice.

"Well, well well. Look what we have here." A voice teases and Liam growls silently as he turns to look at the person that is tempting him. Eyra smirks as she looks at the Beta with gleaming eyes.

"Eyra." Liam says with narrowed eyes. Eyra chuckles and shakes her head.

"It seems that you stayed a little too long. Do you like what I've done with the place?" She asks sarcastically as she gestures to the empty cells around her and Liam takes a step towards her but is stopped by two big guys stepping in front of Eyra to protect her.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, you see these people are mad at people like you for keeping them locked in here for so long, so I decided why not let them out to play as well? They would do perfectly in my rebellion." She says and Liam freezes.

"So you are the one that started the rebellion, I should of known." Liam says as he shakes his head in disbelief.

"Well not exactly." She says as she gestures behind Liam with a grin and Liam turns behind him quickly to see who had sneaked up on him without him noticing. The figure grins with his rotten teeth as he shows off his dirty and old appearance.

"Beta Dani, what a pleasure." Liam says sarcastically as he takes a step back away from the traitorous Royal Beta that had killed his own King. Liam's back hits one of the big guys chest and Liam goes rigid. The next thing he knows a bag is being thrown over his head and a prick goes into his arm and everything goes black.

-----------

Misery stares at Diem with a surprised look.

"Royal Beta Dani, the Werewolf King's Royal Beta? Sephony's Father's Old Beta that killed him?" Misery asks disbelieving and Diem nods at the little man who scoffs.

"You are mates to him? Don't I feel bad for you." Misery says with a tone of disgust and Diem nods.

"It is clear he has changed more than I thought he would in the new of my death." She says sadly and Blade looks to her with a confused face as he tries to put everything together.

"But you aren't dead. Doesn't he know that?" Blade asks and Diem shakes her head.

"No, Dani can be demanding when he doesn't get what he wants, and right now he wants me more than anything. I had to fake my death because the King knew that Dani would need me, but on the day that I was supposed to tell him that I wasn't dead he killed the King. It was then that I knew that Dani had gone into the deep end and there was no way that I could help him without going into the deep end myself. So I hid out in here, an old witches secret hideout, and I made it my own. The witch your looking for is gone, dead." Diem says and the two freeze.

"What? How?" They ask in sync and the two glare at each other.

"When the witch took away Eyra's mate she didn't realize that she was actually her mate, because she had taken her mate away years ago to become that witch that she was. When she took away Eyra's mate she basically broke what was left of their unnoticed mate bond. The witch didn't realize this until after Eyra had left. The witch became so sad that she killed herself, but not without helping Eyra a little more. When I found this place she was dead in the middle of the room with a knife through her heart. She had killed herself with her own magic. So then I had to deal with moving her out of the place so that it wouldn't smell of death. She's up there with the rouges, you didn't smell her because of them." She explains and Misery rubs his temples at this.

"So why do you smell like a witch?" He asks and before she can answer Blade interrupts.

"She was a part of the council, only the most powerful supernaturals can be a part of it, hence why she's a witch." Blade says and Misery laughs.

"Well at least that isn't the craziest thing I've heard all day." He says and sighs with tired eyes.

"So why are you telling us this?" Misery asks and Diem sighs.

"Dani and Eyra are the people that started the rebellion, and they're planning to kill that little Queen of yours, and I can't let that happen. The King wanted me to protect his daughter at all costs, even if it meant dying myself. It seems that you two are close enough to her that you can protect her also. This girl is in more trouble than we think. Eyra and Dani will stop at nothing to have your Queen dead before them. She's going to need as many people protecting her as possible, and you two need to find her before it's too late." Diem says and the two freeze.

"Sephony and Hades went to the fates, when they find out the information they need they're supposed to call us so we can all meet up. We need to get together with Liam and Pain so that we can get the two over to the pack house immediately." Blade says and Diem grins.

"Well we better get to it quickly, time is running out."