Part 2 The Politician

He's one of the youngest at the Congress, being representative of Sanders City. Before that, he's the city mayor of two terms. He's been in the politics for so long entering at nineteen for a council post first and stepping up the ladder until he became the congressman

Now at thirty five, people around him shouldn't be rock when he announced his intention to run for a senate seat. He declared it that year with confidence, since he never lost in any election. He is after all Gabriel White. Whites are the old Johnson Republic family. They are known business oriented clan who control almost all of utility companies in their country.

Johnson is a narrow small tropical country. Yes it's hot most of the time but he still on his suit as he needs to look respectable to his constituents. The country has two islands. The Northern and the Southern Islands. The White controls the distribution of electricity for the whole country and sole water supply at the Southern Island. But the country is home of a lot of rich people being one of the richest but smallest country in the world. These people who normally in  manufacturing, foreign market trades and tourism are all concentrated in Northern Island. Southern Island, where life is cheap have plenty of beaches that helped in boosting their revenues in tourism. They have those beautiful beaches and bit…. Okay, no, women.

"Stepping in national level still needs a lot of work even if you belong to prominent family. It will be impossible at this stage," said Neil Meyer, his campaign manager.

"The ratings said otherwise," he responded in much confidence

Neil laughed at him, "It's too early to said that. First, you announced it early. The other aspirant for the same post will dig anything dark from your backyard"

"Why would they do that to me? I'm just the rookie at the national stage," he said.

"They will try to take down first those candidate they perceive as dark horse. You are a dark horse," Neil reasoned.

"I don't think they can dig something about me that people doesn't know," he lied

The guy sighed and shook his head, "You have, and you will have if none. They will find any, even use your family's background. Anything that will make you look bad to stumble on the ratings. Second, you might have the right voting numbers yet you will end up battling at the last slot. Remember, your bulwark was only at Sanders. Your strength in number still not tested on national ground."

He bobbed his head once, "Well then, sensible. Then why are you lending me your hand here?"

"Because I believe in your cause and the moment you get at top, you will bring us all." The guy cleared his throat and straightened his seat when he just stared at him. "Then you have the third problem," his campaign manager added sticking out a three fingers for him

"Another one? What is that?" he inquired

The guy opposite him sighed, "Your brother won't aid you because you beat him at congressional race the last time. Now you need funding from other source"

Michael White. His corrupt half brother who held the Sanders for as long as he recall. Well, that's after his father. Sanders is the family's city. Reigned by their grandfathers up to him now with his brother's family. The agreement was very clear. Michael will take the Mayor race and him the vice, the father will be at the congress. Then the next term it will be opposite. Him the mayor, Michael at congress and then their father will be the vice. That happened everytime and he's tired of that. So when he announced a congressional seat when it's still Michael's turn, they had a fight. Their father sided Michael being the legal child but he beat him at that last elections by landslides.

And now they're all not taking him back again now that he's not expressing any interest in any seat of governance in that city

"So what do you propose to make this possible?" he asked