Part 21 Saltie

HER POV

She was crying at her sofa since she came home.

Yes, it's her fault.

She agreed on pretending to the girls, but she truly enjoyed their company and almost thought that she can have that kind of friendship again. But now she will be alone, settled on having a lot of fake friends in her industry or just acquaintances. Thanks to that one night she almost thought she can have with Gab. It's her fault, she thought Gab would warmed up to her. Is she in love with Gab? Because that would be, well, like reaching the moon, as what Sabrina said.

The door suddenly opened and she bowed more while tucking her knees towards her chest. She's bracing herself with Gab's anger.

"Patty," a woman whispered. She looked up in surprise and found Tin standing in front of her, then Frida at Tin's back with her hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry Tin. I know I don't deserve you," she said softly

The woman shook her head and sat on the sofa beside her, "It's alright, I know we're wrong for not telling you about Gab. I just thought you'd get hurt and yes you are." Tin's voice was so soft but sweet, the most genuine woman out there.

"I said I was hired to pretend to be your friend again, did you heard that earlier?"

"Yeah, but we know you didn't really acted," Frida responded, still standing. The girl's still pitchy but at least it almost sounded friendly

"I'm sorry. Gab hired me to befriend you again because he wanted me to talk to you about campaign funds and I need this because limelights already forgotten me. I need him to make me relevant again," she confessed. "But the truth is, I love you guys and I missed you. I realized that when I saw you all at the restaurant"

"Oh when I threw spoons at you?" Frida finally uttered a joke.

Patty made a curl in her lips and shook her head, "Maybe not that scene. But that time when we finally talked"

"Yes, we missed you too Patty", Tin said after nodding

She launched at Tin to hug her and the latter hug her too, "I'm sorry Tin, I'm sorry." She felt a hand touching her hair too so she sat straight again and looked up, "I'm sorry Frida"

"O come on, we're stronger than this," Frida uttered while giving her too a hug. But the girl took her at her arm's length, "Wait, so you and Gab are not really…."

She nodded once, "We need each other. Him for surveys and rankings, me for my career"

"Oh," Tin blurted

Patty remembered something and looked at the girls, "Do guys knew what happened?"

Tin shook her head, "Definitely not. I was avoiding Luke to know about it for now because he might as well sent Gab away? And I kind of not liking that because he's your boyfriend"

"Her husband is jealous of all her exes for your information," Frida said coyly then slapped softly Tin's shoulder. "But I thought you don't lie Tin?"

"It's not lying it's avoiding for now. But since it's in the open….."

"No! Tin, I don't want them to know still. I really want to help Gab," she said

"Because you like him too?" Frida teased

"It's not about that. His family, left him. No one wants to help his dreams of serving more people but he deserves it. I want to help him beat his family." She then told them Gab's story, omitting the illegitimacy, and two girls gasped.