Chapter 1: Yumi Park

———PAST ———

(Yumi's point of view)
17 Years Old

She looked at me with great sympathy. I was confused and tried to look serious. I wondered what was for lunch.

"Yumi" she exclaimed holding my shoulder

"What mom?" I said avoiding eye contact. I expected what she wanted to say. That's all she wanted to say. I just knew it....I guess. At this point I could read whatever my mom wanted to say. We just didn't have a lot to talk about I guess...

"Yes I know... just leave.. I'll be fine with grandma... tell George I said hi.."

She brushed my long black hair off to the side of my ear and said "I'm sorry sweetie.. George just needs me right now."

"Yes I know I'll pack and you can drop me off to grandma.. alright? Don't worry I'm fi—ne.

———-In the car ————
I looked out in the car window staring far off to the sea. The sky was shimmering with delight. I couldn't help but smile. The sky in the city is far different from the country side. I love staying with grandma. The place seemed more peaceful and isolated. Just like me. When we arrived my mom helped me unpacked my clothes to my room. I smiled at grandma and gave her a big hug. She looked at me and told me how much I've grown. "Big girl" she whispered. Patting my head "come eat now Yumi I've prepared a lot"

I stared at the wooden table and there laid a white dress with a pale blue blow uniform.

"Is this mine?" I asked scratching my head I didn't know what to think of it. I've lost it in my mind. I totally forgot I was moving school. And it starts tomorrow!

Grandma called me over to say goodbye to my mom.

I opened the door for her, and she patted my head. "I'll miss you" she said hugging me

"Bye" I interrupted and pushed her away. She brushed the tears off her eyes and cleaned off her dress from the dust.

She smiled at me for the last time and entered her car.

I waved. I smiled. As I was suppose to as a good child. Then I turned around. And cried. Cried with the tears of an abandon child.