Chapter 11: "Orphan"

*Chan's point of view*
I saw my friends leave together. I wanted to ride the bus with them but I couldn't, my aunt was planning to pick me up early today. I couldn't stay at school for a late-night study as well.

"How's a school," Aunt Lia asked as she drove home

"Fine" I replied checking my phone

She stared from the mirror and made eye contact with me. She frowned. She lifts her eyebrows up and scrunched her lips.

Her dry pale skin and hazel eyes reflected the mirror. She smirked.

I was scared.

When I arrived home I quickly headed to my room and locked my door.

"I forgot to get ice" I whispered to myself

I touched my cheeks gently and felt pain from the bruising.

I looked in the mirror. Saw my reflection.

Useless.

Fucking useless.

Shit.

Weak ass.

I grabbed my hair tightly, pulling it hard. I clenched my fist tightly not caring about my nails digging through my skin.

Morning

I woke up as usual.

I thought about what I did to Yumi, I felt sorry for her. Why did I have to use her, I'm not like this.

I decided to apologize to Yumi once again, I felt like the last time  I did I was rude. I wanted her to be my friend. I really do—

I'm really an ass.

I went to school that morning getting a ride from my aunt.

I entered the classroom. Jun looked at me and asked if I was okay.

I saw my reflection from the window. I forgot to put a bandaid on my cheeks. My cut was showing. The bruising.

Jun grabbed a pack of bandaids in his desk and quickly helped me. He ran to the nurse's office and got medicine. It was early in the morning, no one was in the classroom except me and Jun.

He carefully treated my cut, he used medicine so it wouldn't get infected and a bandaid to cover it up.

"Thanks," I said quietly

Silence filled the room.

You could hear small water droplets from the bathroom sink, and small footsteps throughout the hallways. Whispers then laugh. Pushing and jostling.

He stared at me.

He gave a fatherly like a smile.

"Just leave the damn fucking house" Jun sworn as he quickly changed his facial expression

I stumbled on my words as I tried to speak.

"I can't be an orphan— Jun"

He tugged my shoulders pulling my uniform. He pleaded with his face. It was full of sympathy and pain.

"I know I can't live with you Jun... you have 4 siblings to take care of—- and Sanna... well —-she's from a strict wealthy family... I can't seem to fit in with you guys—..." I said quietly holding my tears back

"I'll survive—I promised you and Sanna—that.. if I can't handle it..I'll run away..."

"But right now I can't handle being called an orphan" ———-