Chapter 18: -The Boy With A Green Jacket-

Yumi in grade 10

(the backstory of Yumi with Yeri's group)

The school was ginormous.

A private school.

I can't believe I'm here. I guess it's all because of my mom's new husband. He's wealthy and now—-I guess I am too.

I entered the classroom not knowing what's ahead of me.

When I entered I noticed everyone had their own group of the circle. I immediately knew I was gonna be a loner.

No one wants a newbie in their group when they are clearly complete already.

I sat in the front where no one sat. Alone in a two desk. More obvious.

I wanted to curl up into a ball. Everyone could notice I was alone for sure. Everyone gave me the side look and whisperers.

I hated it.

Then a group of girls stood in front of me.

They introduced their names and we got close real quick.

Yeri, Yena, and Jen. They were all so pretty and nice.

They wore their skirts real tight and real high.

They showed their skinny long legs. They were so beautiful. They wore thick makeup and false eyelashes. I felt ugly in between them.

As months pass by in our school year—-they taught me how to wear makeup. They gave tips on how I should dress. We shopped together and went to parties.

It was so fun with them. I'm glad I was in their group for sure. Even when at times I felt left out—they always try to include me.

I really loved them.

Well—-I thought I did.

When a guy suddenly gave me his gym shirt when I forgot mine— blew them up. The girls liked him so much—-they couldn't believe he offered his shirt to me.

"Does Kun? Have a thing for you??" Jen asked as she blushed when he passed by

"Uh? I don't even talk to him" I said chewing my gum

"I didn't even ask for this—" I added as I looked at his gym shirt.

That one incident made the girls turned their backs against me. I didn't know why.

I clearly told them I wasn't interested in him. I can do better than that.

But they didn't listen to me.

And I was afraid of what they could do.

Kun did so many nice sweet things to me. He offered his textbook when I lost mine and his clothes from time to time. He cheered me up and bought me food when I was down.

But Yeri, Yena and Jen didn't like it.

They were jealous of away.

"He was just my friend," I told them repeatedly

"Sure—.." they replied

When I came to school the next day I hang out with Kun—- everyone in my class stared at me and whispered things I couldn't hear.

"I saw her come out of a motel" one student whispered

"She did many rated r stuff in this school with multiple guys I heard" another student whispered

I couldn't take any of this.

I knew who started these rumors.

And I can't turn a blind eye.

I confronted the girls in the rooftop. They ignored and laughed at me.

"Slut"

"Slut that's what you are"

I can't talk to them any further I want them to stop.

I went back to the classroom afraid. I saw Kun— I tried to wave—but he walked pass by me.

I was disappointed.
I thought highly of him. It was from my friend.

I walked yo the bus stop slowly in the dark. I left school late wanting to avoid everybody. I wanted to avoid any eye contact and whisperers.

It was late and dark. I texted my driver to not pick me up. I wanted some alone time to think. It was cold.

I wore my orange hat to avoid people recognizing me in public. I wore my thick puffy white winter jacket. It was a long jacket that went down my knees. I wore matching white chunky sneakers with it that my mom bought.

It was cold and warm.

I didn't know what I was feeling.

I sat at the bus stop—-waiting for my bus. I couldn't help it. I wanted to cry.

I let my tears flow down not caring if people stare.

I felt a presence beside me.

I could care less. I continued to cry.

Then I heard voices.

Whisperers.

Please no.

"Hey—- San! Why don't u give this older sister a sticker—she seems to be sad" A man said

"Huh? Why brother? I only give these stickers to you and sister.." San replied cutely.

San sounded like he was about 4 years old and his brother seemed to be my age.

I looked up trying to wipe my tears.
I made it more awkward.

A small boy with a runny nose stared at me. He reached out to my hand. I gave him my hand.

He peeled a small yellow chick sticker and placed it in the palm of my hands.

"Aw thank you!" I sniffled

He held his brother's hand shyly.

His brother was charming. He had slightly wavy brown hair and he wore a green jacket. He hugged his brother and placed him in his lap. His jacket was covered in stickers.

They were so cute. They made me forget my worries.

I wished I had a brother.

I watched the little guy San slowly fall asleep in his brother's hands. He was adorable. He was blushing due to the cold weather.

The bus came—they seemed to be taking the bus with me. I was glad.

I sat in the single chairs and the boy sat in front of me. He had his brother in his lap. San woke up suddenly and ran around the bus. He was so energetic.

The boy turned around to face me. He had his hands folded under his chin.

"What's your name?"

"Yumi Park"

"Nice— hi I'm— Ha—.."