Chapter 8: "Boy Friend"

"Oh there you guys! Why are you guys sitting on the ground?" Sanna asked

She seem to not notice what had happen. Chan acted like nothing happen.

I was furious. I didn't want this to happen. Maybe it was to soon, we didn't even know each other very well. 

"Are you okay Yumi? I was so worried I told Chan to chase after you." Sanna said politely as Chan and I stood up from the ground.

I patted my skirt down, and told Sanna it wasn't serious. I like Sanna. Now I don't like Chan.

"Let's head out..I'll watch you run!" I said leaving Chan behind

"Sanna grabbed my hand as we headed outisde, Chan followed us from behind quietly.

"Sit here!" Jun shouted "Are you okay Yumi I was worried! I was gonna go get you but Sanna said Chan is a much faster runner"

"Oh Ye I'm fine!" I replied, even though I would have much preferred for him to have saved me back then.

It was awkward. Chan ended up sitting beside me and Sanna on my right then Jun.

"Um—hey" Chan whispered

I ignored him. I didn't want to talk to him at all, I know what he was going to say. To forget it all.

"Let's forget about that! Let's stay as friends—.." I said before he could say anything

"Yea—that's good you feel the same way..—it was just the mood and all—- I thought u were someone else" Chan answered feeling wronged

"Ye—Ye same here...." I said broken heartedly
I looked away. I tried to look o—kay.

When the sports event ended, we went back to normal. He was my friend and I was his friend. I regretted it—my first kiss.

"Hey Yumi and Chan, can you two put this in the science lab inside the private's school." Our homeroom teacher shouted asking for help on the chairs.

I hurriedly ran not waiting for Chan. I grabbed two heavy chairs as I was suppose to, and slowly walked over to the school.

"I'll help carry that" Chan suggested
"It's fine—your carrying two of your own. I can manage" I replied not wanting any more help from him.

I stumbled as I continue to walk further, the chairs were too heavy for a small girl like me. I saw Chan walked faster than usual. He was too far away from me to help. It's okay—- I didn't want his help.

*boom*

"Ouch—.." I mumbled to myself. I fell onto the ground and the chairs stumbled everywhere creating a loud crash.

As I tried to get my balance back I heard loud footsteps running towards me.

"Are you okay—I thought you got hurt!" The voice shouted helping me get back up.

I looked at him...... maybe for now he'll stay as my boy—friend. Nothing more to it.... maybe that'll change—-I don't yet——but I like the sound of having a boy—- friend or boyfriend—-.