An Unexpected Revelation

The East Border

Prince Jimin was just taking a nap in the tent, he is today on watch at the eastern border of Blue forest, the border between the the Blue Kingdom and infamous Dark hills. This region was avoided by the smugglers in past time due to the folklore of a vampire living there in the forest of the dark hills. But with time the fear of the fictitious vampire is fading and the east region is also invaded by the smugglers. Infact it has become their soft target because by the law of Blue forest, it is forbidden to enter dark hills. The recent defence ministry has submitted a proposal to modify this, according to their reports the smugglers are aiming the dark hills to use as their base. Prince Jimin totally in favour of modifying the law, as no one has encountered a vampire since past thousand years, obviously in records some unexplainable events were reported but no concrete evidence of the existence of vampires there. The law is basically based on a myth but his father, the Blue King is still skeptical about modifying it.

"Prince, may I come in?", a handsome man standing at entry asks for permission.

"Yes, anything important?", Jimin asks the man, General Jung Ho Seok.

"You need to see this", General Jung says in a confused voice.

Jimin squints his eyes, takes his sword and commands,

"Show the way".

A dead body is lying at the border between blue forest and dark hills. The body is most probably of some poacher,  as no identity proof was found. But the strange thing is that the body is ice pale as if all the blood is sucked out of his body, but there is no sign of decomposition. General Jung then goes near it and tilt the neck to show the bite marks on it,

"It looks like..."
"Vampire", Prince Jimin completes his sentence. He then looks at General Jung, orders to burn the body and report to the King about this.

Royal Palace of Greenland

"May I come in, your Highness?", the royal maid ask the two princesses chatting in their room.

"Yes, what is it?", Nayeon permits her to be in.

"The great king has summoned both of you, in the royal hall", the royal maid delivers the message politely.

Jeongyeon gulps her saliva, the moment of truth may have come. Nayeon looks at her pale face and tells the maid to inform their father that they are coming. She can see how nervous her little sister is, she holds her hands tightly and tries to calm her down,

" Just state the truth okay, he loves us, he will forgive you"

Jeongyeon just nods.

"Ah... my lovely daughters are here", the king welcomes them with a smile and hug, "come, take a seat".

Both the girls notice some more people in the hall, their mother a.k.a the queen, Taehyung's father, the royal adviser and Kim Taehyung. The princesses greet all of them with a bow.

Jeongyeon quickly takes a peek at the presents, they are still piled up at the table and nicely wrapped, it means they aren't called for her mistake. A sigh automatically comes out of her mouth and a second later her eyes meets with Taehyung's, she sees him smirking at her.

Arrrggghhh.. she hates him.

"So you are called here to inform you something", the King announces, then he turns to his elder daughter and puts his hands on her both shoulder,

"Princess Nayeon has already turned twenty two this years, as a father and as the King, it is the time to think about her marriage"