The Prince of Wonderland

Wonderland

"Prince, how long are you going to live a life of a widower?", Princess Dahyun asks anxiously to her elder brother.

The Queen of Wonderland has sent her only daughter to convince her eldest son, to accept the proposal of the King of Greenland.

Kim Seok Jin, the first Prince of Wonderland remains silent. Dahyun sits beside him and gently patted his back,
"Oraboni, I really don't understand why are you punishing yourself for whatever happened to Lady Hye Ri. It was an accident"

"It was not an accident", Kim Seok Jin blurts out faintly.

"What?", Dahyun's eyes get widened with surprise.

"Ahhh... I meant to say, if only I went with her that day", the prince tries to cover up.

Princess Kim Da Hyun is the youngest and dearest among all of his siblings. She is not supposed to be exposed to the dark side of the politics and inhumane customs prevalent in the royal palace, atleast not yet.

Infact, sending the youngest to convince him to go to Greenland, is also a calculated move, by the Queen. She knows well that how much the eldest Prince adores her, how tough it's for the Prince to reject her. She is too naive to realize all that. She really thinks the King and Queen are worried about the life of their unmarried son. No, it's all about establishing political alliance and strengthening the empire.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with thinking the well being of the countrymen and building a strong empire. Infact, that is the duty of the Kings, Princes and every royals. Only thing is that, Duty matters the most and emotions are not valued. Any exceptions are not appreciated in royal families.

His beloved brother, the late Prince Kim Nam Joon was different. He had an artistic soul, an empathetic character and a kind heart. He despises any type of violence or bloodshed, reluctant to master the war tactics. He valued humanity the most. But all of these virtues were looked down upon as his shortcomings. Rather than to be known as a generous person, he earned the name of a coward. Why? Because, no exceptions are allowed in royal family. They must follow the already set customs.

Kim Seok Jin sighs, the memory of his late younger brother never fails to make his heart sink in guilt.

"Why do you want me to accept it, Princess?", he asks lovingly pinching his sister's ice pale cheecks.

Dahyun flashes her angelic smile and turns to her brother to have a face to face conversation,

"She is the prettiest girl, I have ever seen Oraboni. Moreover, mother was telling she is very wise and kind hearted"

The prince chuckles, "I know about this, my lovely sister. She is really famous"

"But have you seen her? Do you know how she looks?", Dahyun throws the two questions with a mischievous smile.

"Well... I know she is beautiful but I really didn't see her face", Prince Kim admits.

"Let me show you then", Dahyun claps and two maids comes in their room with a painting of Princess Nayeon.