Sea Meets Land

Ocean Kingdom of Araza

Princess Sana is watching the shoal of fishes, swimming near her window. The coral reef here is pretty big and has painted the entire place, with its vibrant and beautiful colors. Though she is banished in this abandoned palace, far from the royal mansion of Araza, it's nothing like prison cell, may be because she is not a common mermaid but the princess. Only Haru, her maid is allowed to accompany her, here in this old castle. A number of royal guards, appointed by her father is guarding outside, there is no way she can escape from here, she is even ripped off her trident, leaving her in a defenceless state. Everyday she tears up thinking how her father has banished her here, accusing of treason, yes treason !!!

She laughs in dismay, if anyone is to be accused of betraying the realm and punished, it should be her own father, the Emperor of Araza, not her.

"Princess...", a call from Haru startles the spaced out water princess, "you have a visitor", her maid informs her.

"Here?", the princess frowns in surprise. But before she gives any permission, the figure shows up at her doorstep on her own and not someone expected at this time, at this place. Sana is flabbergasted to see the witch but at the same time the presence of Merona gives her a hope, for some reason.

"Why are you here ? And how?", she asks.

Merona breaks into a smile at her innocent question, "I am a witch, why you always doubt my powers, princess?"

"You didn't exactly intrude this restricted place to show off your power, did you?", the princess eyes at her intently.

"Your forwardness charms me always, I like that about you princess...', Sana rolls her eyes in annoyance, she is absolutely not in the mood to receive compliments at this moment, that too from this cunning witch.

"So what's your deal, Merona?", to her query, the witch hands her a scroll with an evil grin on her face. Even before looking at the scroll, Sana knows that the witch has not come here to play, it's the real deal.

"Read it carefully, you have every right to decline but once you sealed it, no looking back", Merona, warns her about the consequences as Sana reads it line by line, word by word. She takes a heavy breath to grasp over the gist of the deal and then laughs sadly,

"that's how you manage on staying alive in this world, through an eternity !!"

"Every one has their ways, don't judge me", the witch shrugs.

"What if I decline?", Sana can't make up her mind, the deal is in a word, suicidal.

"That's your call".

The princess pauses to think over the matter, the options and the consequences. If she is able to get out of here, she can always go to Atlanta, seek their help, informing all the malfeasance of her own father. But, then, Atlanta has every right to take over Araza based on the clause of breaching the principle of water. However, the moment they take over her country, her little brother Reo, the would be ruler, will lose his rightful ownership of the crown of Araza. Their whole family will be stripped off the royal identity forever.

Is it worth to punish her whole lineage for her father's crime?

Sana shakes her head, she can't take the route of Atlanta, she again reads the deal, feels helpless. The witch sure is a good player, knows how to manipulate people very well.

"If you free me where will I escape? Is there any place where my father can't fetch me?", she throws the question to Merona, along with the scroll.