The Half-Mermaid

Prince Yoon Jeong Han unbuttoned his silk white shirt and throws it to the corner in absolute rage. Flashing his pale crafted torso, he groans in anger while strolling furiously from one corner of his room to another one. Joshua holding the door, silently observes the angry White prince and waits patiently for him to calm down.

"That PARK JI MIN !!! What does he think of himself ??", he growls again.

Joshua sighs, he understands the prince and his frustration. Crossing the Black Water was a brave decision, many people were against it, those who supported, did it for their evil ulterior motive of harming the prince. The royal family of Yoonan wouldn't even have cared if Jeonghan had drowned in that Black Water. The prince jeopardized his life to gain something worthy of respect, fighting against all the odds and danger, he conquered the black water. Joshua still feels thrilled to recall, how the prince was under water for so long that he thought that he lost the prince. Honestly, in the course of six years of serving as the chief bodyguard, Joshua has witnessed numerous occasions where the White prince has exceeded the human abilities, the battle of black water is such an example. However, his loyalty towards the prince and his faith in Yoon Jeong Han, never let slip a word out of his tongue about these not so human incidents.

An unexpected female voice at the entry of Prince Jeonghan's quarter, distract both the men. Joshua dashes to the place immediately to look for the person.

"Who are you?", he asks the beautiful lady, standing at the entry with a barrel of supposedly alcoholic beverage.

"I am Sana, a royal maid. I am here to offer the famous cranberry wine of Greenland. It's a token of gratitude, sent to all the princes tonight"

"Okay, leave it there"

Joshua turns around to leave but stops as the royal maid calls him,

"If you don't mind, we are instructed to serve it as well"

"No need......"

Before Joshua could finish his sentence, the voice of the White prince from inside the room can be heard.

"Let her come inside"

The chief bodyguard moves out from her way, letting Sana to enter into the room.

As she pours the wine in a silver glass, the mermaid feels his intense stare on her. With delicate steps, she walks to him and offers the drink to the Prince.

"You haven't poisoned it right?", Jeonghan chuckles in amusement.

"I should've actually, especially after what you have done today"

As Sana murmurs roughly gritting her teeth, the White prince raises his brows at her audacity.

"You know right that I can expose you right now, if I want to?", he asks.

"You already did expose us !!! You showed a whole living mermaid to the humans !!!"

She cries out of anger and throws the liquid right on his face. The prince grabs her wrist and pulls the mermaid on his chest, clutching her chin roughly in his strong grip, he whispers,

"What do you think you are doing?"

Though a great anger sparks in his deep blue eyes, Jeonghan can't help but to linger his gaze on her pretty face. The mermaid is beautiful, beautiful enough to shake the hearts of men. But he knows better than anyone, that it's a trap. That's how they lure humans, that's how they fishes out all the secrets, that's exactly how his own mother managed to sleep with the White king and had him and then dumped him. The painful memory spikes his disgust against the Mermaids once again.