Chapter 17: Dreams or Nightmares?

Chloe walked down a dark path. She saw a flash of light from the end of the path. She walked fast and found herself in a large throne room. The room was full of angels, God wore a gold crown and sat on a beautiful throne. On ether side of God stood two angels, on her right was Michael God's third born and on her left was Samael God's second born( or like she liked to call him, " Lucifer"). She keeled before the lord and remained silent. God was still angered with her for keeping his son from him. She got up to protest this unfairness, the two angels at God's side turned to each other, prepared to act in a moment's notice. She got within five feet from their father and the two angels decided that it was close enough. When she took a step closer, the two angels crossed their swords in front of her, clearly blocking her way. She looked up at Lucifer but all she could see was anger. This was not the Lucifer she remembered. This was for one thing, a nightmare.

Chloe was at the station filling out paperwork when she sees a crowd of people. She gets up to investigate and sees that it's her partner. She rushed to him and pulled him away. She took him to her patrol car but she pushed him to the cage part of the car. She joined him and apologized for the confusion. Before he could say a word, she kissed him hungry. He responded quickly without any words needed. They undressed each other and explored each other. For the first time ever, Lucifer Morningstar did not run away from his feelings. If he did, the Detective wouldn't allowed him to go far. She could just shoot him on the leg again and problem solved. But that was not today. For the first time ever, they layed side by side naked and out of breath. This is not how she had imagined her first time with Lucifer, in her patrol car but it was exactly like she thought it would be, amazing. This was for one thing, a dream.

She entered Lux to find a familiar person ordering at the bar. She ran to him only for her to go through him. She reached for his hand but their hands never touched. She yelled out his name but he could not hear her. He sat down at the piano, the same piano that she had taken home. A woman with light brown hair sat on the piano. Her hands played with Lucifer's hair and tugged at his shirt. Chloe burned with jealousy, he was her devil! She ran to the woman and tried to get her away from him but it just went through. She saw Lucifer flirting with the woman and she tried telling Lucifer to listen to her but he could not hear her, she was invisible. She yelled in frustration but something that Lucifer said, got her attention. " Jane. You drive me crazy Detective", Chloe turned to find the woman kissed Lucifer. Her hands ran all over his body as he continued playing. She started unbuttoning his shirt and that made Chloe fire up. Her inner scream was, " Don't Touch My Devil!". Someone else kissing Lucifer was enough to make her blood boil but the fact that the woman that was kissing him was the same Detective that had taken her Devil away from her was just too much. This was for one thing, another nightmare.

It was a chilly night, the cold air woke her up. She got up to close the window but when she went back to bed, she saw a long shadow at the corner of her room. She took out her gun and turned on her nightstand light. She pointed her gun to the shadow, " Step into the light". The figure did not move or said anything. She look took out her flashlight to find two white wings hiding someone. She had seen a smaller version of theses wings before, Lucifer? Chloe dropped her gun and went to him, " Lucifer it's OK. it me ", she said softly as she touched his wings gently. The genital touche made Lucifer relax and he slowly opened his wings to her. When his wings fully opened she hugged him and had no desire to let go for she knew that it was all a dream. Lucifer picked her up and carried her bridle style to her bed. He lowed her softly onto the mattress,  "You need to rest Chloe. Go to sleep". Chloe sat up quickly as he turned his back to her, " Wait your leaving?!" Lucifer turned to her, " Yes. I'm sorry darling but I have to go. I'm needed back in the silver city". Chloe understood but didn't want to let him leave, " Could you at least stay for little longer. At least until I fall asleep". Her voice was full of hope and sadness, it reminded him of Trixie. He walked over to the bed, " Of course I will Detective". Chloe moved over to make room for him on the bed with her. He put his wings away and joined Chloe. She rested her head on his chest as she curled up beside him. No words were said as they slowly drifted into sleep.

The next day Maze came over to take Trixie out for some ice cream but as she went to  the bathroom, she stopped in her tracks when she passed Decker's room. She opened the door and went inside. She smelled the blanket, she knew exactly who had visited Decker last night. Decker might have thought that it was a dream but Maze knew that this was defiantly not a dream.