Chapter 22: Freewill

Chloe, Dan, and Ella lost track of Trixie in Wales, UK. The red tracking light disappeared for their phones. Even, Maze lost their scent. Chloe cried and yelled at the cold chilled night, " Lucifer!!!!". Hot tears rolling down her cheeks. She wanted her baby. Ella prayed in her mind, " Lucifer. I know you are only doing what you think is best for the her but please bring her back. She needs to be with her mother".

Lucifer heard every prayer as he entered the silver city with the child in his arms. As he went to his room, he knew that a few of his siblings saw him with the child. Trixie's presence wouldn't go unnoticed and soon, his father would pay him a visit or summon him for a little chat. He just hoped that his father would allow her to take refugee here. Regardless of her being a living human. No living human has seen heaven before. He placed the child in his bed as she slept peacefully. He then, sat down and held her in his arms. His wings covered them both, the glow from his wings filled the room. He calmed her fears and eased her worries.

God knew that his son would bring the human child into the silver city. The goodness in his heart could be seen in his eyes. He only acted as a good angel would and as a good father would, even though he would never admit it. When he entered his son's room, all he saw was fear in his son's eyes. He held the child close to him, with his wings wrapped protectively around himself and the child. " Father...Father please allow Trixie to stay. The humans know nothing but the run of blood...". He was cut off by his father, " Samael. You have done nothing wrong my child. You have saved many children and brought to justice those who have dared harm them. Since that day, you have done nothing but protect her". His fathers worlds brought ease to his heart but fear came as fast as it went. God looked over st the child," But she does not belong in heaven yet. She belongs on earth with her mother and father. (Lucifer knew his father was right but that did not banish the fact that earth was unsafe) Son, I will allow her to stay until the child finds it safe to return. If she wishes to return, you will let her go". Let her go? How could he suggest such a suicidal thing? She could be killed out there but he knew that it was only a cycle of life that everyone has to face sooner or later.

Trixie woke up moments later, crouse at first but it soon left when her eyes landed on Lucifer. He sat on his piano, his fingers burly brushing the keys. He started to play lightly with his fingers lightly brushing the keys. As the melody began, he closed his eyes as he began to sing.

" You came like crashing thunder
Breaking through these walls of stone
( Trixie sat next to him as Lucifer sang softly)
You came with wide eyed wonder
Into all this great unknown
Ohoh ohoh
Hush now don't you be afraid
I promise you I'll always stay
I'll never be that far away
I'm right here with you"
( As Lucifer plays/ Trixie joins in with a stronger tune, as his voice)

"You're so amazing you shine like the stars.
You're so amazing the beauty you are
(He turns to Trixie who blushes as they play together)
You came blazing right into my heart
You're so amazing you are...
You are"
( Their finger glide on the keys as the tune grows softer again)

"You came from heaven shining
Breath of God still flows from you
( Closed his eyes as the tune softens)
The beating heart inside me
Crumbled at this one so new
Ohoh ohoh"
( Trixie returned the harder tune)

"No matter where how far you wander
For a thousand years or longer
I will always be there for you
Right here with you"

( He turned to Trixie)
"I hope your tears are few and fast
I hope your dreams come true and last
I hope you find love that goes on and on and on and on and on
I hope you wish on every star
I hope you never fall too far
I hope this world can see how wonderful you are...."

( The tune turned soft only for a brief moment. As, Lucifer's voice)
"You're so amazing you shine like the stars
You're so amazing the beauty you are..."

( The tune grew harder as Lucifer voiced got higher)
"You came blazing right into my heart
You're so amazing..."

You're so amazing you shine like the stars
You're so amazing the beauty you are
You came blazing right into my heart
You're so amazing you are...
You are
( Lucifer's fingers glided softly on the keys as he came to a stop once his voice fell silent).

A month passed, without a word from Lucifer ( 4 months in the heaven). Everyone still prayed and begged for him to bring back Trixie but times were not safe. Mass shootings broke out in schools and in public places. Trixie had made her choice to go back to her parents. Lucifer looked at her in concern, " Is this truly what you desire child?", she nodded. He sighed deeply, knowing the dangers that waited her. He pooped out his wings and took her in his arms, " Very well". He flew her over the city of Los Angeles. It was a beautiful as she remembered. After a few minutes, he put her down and he hid his wings. They walked around the corner, just a block away from her house when a car came racing by fast. The people inside the car where shotting at the police. Lucifer, feeling worried popped his wing out and flapped them fast. He took with him a small metal recycling bin that was empty. In which he hid Trixie to protect her from the flying bullets. They stayed in the tree for a few minutes until the threat had passed.

They fast walked the rest of the way until they were on front door of the Detective's house. They rang the door bell and waited patiently for someone to open the door. Once the door was opened, Trixie could see that it was her mom. Chloe cried as she embraced her daughter, " Trixie...", said before her voice cracked. She looked up to find Lucifer smiling lovingly at the scene before him. She got up slowly, her eyes puffy from her pain. Before he could react, a hot pain crossed his face. He stepped back a in shock, he didn't see that coming at all. Chloe had slapped him, he had forgotten his vulnerability. He held his hand to his face as he looked shockingly at her. Trixie was scared because she had never witnessed her mommy hitting anyone, especially Lucifer. Her fear grew as her mother started to yell at him. " That is for kidnapping my daughter and this is for ignoring me. How could you keep her away from me for an entire month!", she slapped him again.

Lucifer just took steps back as Chloe advanced on him. He listened to her as she yelled at him until he had enough. His eyes glowed with hellfire, " I only did it to for her. Look at her! She is clearly frightened. I only want what's best for her and if what's best for her is heaven. Then, she'll be in heaven. Besides, my father said that she can decide where she wants to be". Chloe slapped him harder this time and his wings popped out to protect him. She froze as she heard a gunshot. Trixie had shot up in the air and now she pointed it to her mom. "Mommy back away from Lucifer", she stepped closer to him as her mother put her hands up," Monkey put the gun down. Please". Trixie was angry and held the gun tightly in her hands, " No! You hurt Lucifer and it has to stop. He protected me and kept me safe for 4 months!" The Detective looked puzzled at that, 4 months? It couldn't be 4 months. " 4 heaven months equivalent to 1 earth month", Lucifer said as he looked upon the child's actions. Trixie looked at him, " Lucifer, I want to go home with you". She hugged him as his wings opened to her. She gave the weapon to him, which he bent without any effort. He tossed it far away, it probably hit someone on it's way down as Lucifer flew off into the night.

Chloe regretted her actions, she regretted hitting and mistreating Lucifer. In doing so, she scared her own daughter away. To the point that she would point a gun at her but she had every right to point her own gun at her. Her daughter was only protecting the one who had cared for her when she was in need. Know, she had bigger problems than replacing her gun for work. Chloe knew that God would not take this lightly. After all, Lucifer is his favorite son.