Chapter 18: Guardian Angel

Lucifer created new lights in the sky, new stars. He created new colors for the dancing lights of the north. The only beauty of his creation that he longed to reunited with since his fall.

After months of hard work and obidiance, God was pleased with his son. God did not scold him for playing the whiskey game with Ella because it was just that, a game. When the new lights were created, God had other plans for his son. Since the day that he arrived in heaven and was turned into a child, he was a hero. He was selfless and gave his life for another, even though he knew he was mortal. Things like this are to be rewarded. Apart from his Lightbringer status, God had assigned him the role of Guardian Angel. To only answer when she needs him. She? He was tasked with watching over Ella Lopez. To protect her, to listen to her, to be there for her and only answer to her.

Ella was in her lab and it was late at night. Everyone was going home for the day but she was going to stay and burn the midnight oil. It was a little lonly during these hours. She put her hands together and prayed. Lucifer was playing his white piano in his room when he heard a whisper in his ear. He flapped his wings and was at her side in a heartbeat. Ella was stunned on how fast Lucifer had responded, " Lucifer! Hey you came". She hugged him and he embarrassed her. " Why have you called me?", he asked happily. " I need a bit of help with an experiment and I need a few of your feathers. I want to test a few things on them. May I please have a few feathers?", Ella asked hopefully. Lucifer thought about this for a moment until he unfolded his wings. Ella ran a hand down his wings, " Keep on rubbing them. A few feathers should fall out". She rubbed a bit harder and one by one, three large feathers fell. She took them and inspected each one. Theses feather were razor sharp but soft. How could that be possible?

She took out two large glass tubs. Before conducting the experiments she put on her lab coat, gloves and protective glasses. She also made Lucifer do the same because it's better to be safe than sorry. In one of the tubes she put liquid nitrogen, she let the feather rest inside the tube for about 2 minutes. The liquid nitrogen created a fog and Lucifer's eyes widened in wonder. A normal feather would break while bent after being exposed to the liquid nitrogen but the angel feather didn't. In the other tube she had an acid, which is the world's most dangerous acid. After placing a feather into the acid, the waited for about 5 minutes. She lifted the feather to find it unharmed. A normal feather would have been destroyed but the angel feather did not. Lastly, she turned on the burner and slowly passed the feather over the heated flame. A normal feather would have burnt completely within the first touch of the flame but yet again, the angel feather was unharmed. " Wow. This is incredible. I mean... I did everything humanly possible to make it weak but it remained the same". Lucifer grinned but assured her that his feathers do have a weakness. They can only be destroyed by burning them with a special fire from ether heaven or hell, that once lit, will burn anything celestial.

As the weeks passed Ella noticed that he was quick on answering her calls lately but if anything. She thought it was cute that he cared. No matter at what time of day she called upon him, he would always show up. Often she would spot him watching over her shoulder. Even though she was on a case with Dan and Chloe, his eyes were always on her. She would often find his feathers on her bed, which he explained that it was for her comfort. He would wrap her in his wings to keep her warm on chilly night and while watching scary movies. He even protected her from a gunman who treated her life. He stoped the bullet in midair and to everyone else it was clearly a miracle but to Chloe, it felt like a celestial intervention. When Ella would call upon him for company , he would always get down to her eye level by taking a seat. He would listen to her ramble on about anything that was on her mind. It was good to have someone to talk too and in a way Lucifer felt happy too. He didn't mind putting his life in danger when Ella was near the Detective because he knew that his father would protect him at all costs.

Ella has indeed found favor with god, for him to assign Lucifer as her guardian angel. Lucifer was his favorite angel before he fell and now that he has returned home. He was his favorite angel once more.