Chapter 5

I woke up in a cold sweat, tangled up in my bed linens and breathing heavily. Tears were streaming down my face, and for a moment I knew not where I was. It was only when Melody rushed over to me did I realize I was back at Juilliard, just a few hours away from returning to Italy for the holidays, then coming back to the United States and eloping with Lawrence. 

Melody had a cold, damp rag and was pressing it to my forehead, which was a very welcome feeling. 

"Oh, good, you're awake. You were thrashing and shaking in your sleep! Was it a nightmare?" she asked me gently.

I nodded, inhaling a shaky breath. "Yes, but I believe I am better, now. Thank you."

She put the rag in a bowl next to my bed and sat across from me. I sat up to face her. 

"Do you wish to talk about it?"

I looked down. As sweet as Melody was, I didn't want to talk about it. My past was ridden with fear and worry, and I did not desire to bring any of that emotional baggage with me to the present. Not only that, but I did not want to try to explain it all to Melody, and cause her any worry.

"No, thank you. It was just a silly little nightmare. I've had it before. I'll be alright."

Melody, obviously a little hurt by my reclusive answer, nodded and went back to her own bed, leaving me to my thoughts. 

Because god knows I had much, MUCH, to think about. 

***********************************************************************

*AUTHOR'S NOTE* 

Hey, guys, it's ya gurl smol emo. 

I wanted to start out by saying I'm really sorry for how short this chapter is, especially because of how long you guys have waited for me to post it, but this was where I logically wanted to end this chapter, but I promise chapter 6 is gonna be quite a bit longer and will be posted by the end of the day, hopefully. I have it already written, so now it's just a matter of typing it up and refining it and posting it. 

The second thing I wanted to say is thank you so much to you all for supporting me and showing this fic so much love! I can't express enough how grateful I am for you guys who actually take the time to read my story, and comment and vote and follow! It means so much to me to see that people like what I'm doing and actually want to support my efforts. It gives me such a burst of confidence and encouragement, and I can't thank you guys enough for that. 

Also! I have the storyline thought out and pretty much planned, but I still want you guys to have some input. So, that having been said, if there's something you've always wanted to see in a Beeteljuice x Reader, please let me know in the comments below! I would love to see your suggestions and maybe even use some of them! I will say this, though, I am not doing lemon or smut, because I am not comfortable with it.

One more thing before I go, I just want to apologize in advance if updates get a little slow from here on out. I'm dealing with some emotional stuff at the time, spooky season has just started, so I have got to earn some extra cash to pay for my costume that I'm going as with my "boyfriend" (we're not actually dating), also gotta save up for some ingredients for the Beetlejuice themed cake I'm making for my Halloween party, and school is being a huge turd (especially math) lately, and my art homework is literally drowning me, so updates may be a little bit slower than I would like. I hope you all can be patient with me, and I will try to work as quickly and as best as I can. 

Sorry for this AN turning into a novel lol I can't write anything short to save my life haha. 

Thanks guys. 

Ciao bellas! 

~Smol Emo