Chapter 23

I was extremely drowsy by the time we got home, both from my mentally exhausting evening, and all the crying I had been doing. 

Larry, who was still holding me bridal-style, and Lydia approached the front door, but before Lydia could dig her keys out of her bag, it swung open quickly. Charles and Delia stood in the doorway, worried expressions marking their faces. 

"Oh, Larry, how good... erm- how good to see you," Charles said flatly. 

"Hey, Chuck."

"Is (Y/N) alright??" came Delia's worried voice. "You three came back awfully early."

"She's fine, she was just feeling a little tired and nauseous, so we decided to turn in early for the night," Larry lied, and I let go a breath that I hadn't realized I'd been holding. 

"Oh, alright."

We went inside and climbed to the second floor.

"'Night," Lydia bade us at the top of the stairs. 

"G'night, Lyds."

"'Night," I mumbled sleepily. 

I felt Larry carry me down the hallway and set me down on the bed.

"Hey, you should probably change before you fall asleep in your costume," he told me gently, taking my hair down from its (F/H/S). (If you have short hair, ignore this.)

I nodded numbly, grabbed a pair of shorts and an oversized sweatshirt, and went to the bathroom to change. I stumbled back to my bed a couple of minutes later, Larry waiting for me. I flopped onto my bed tiredly. He pulled the blankets over my body. He smiled, bent down, and kissed my forehead. 

"Good night, Angel," he whispered. 

As he turned to leave, I impulsively reached out and grabbed his hand. He turned back around, surprised. 

"Please don't go," I breathed quietly. 

"What?"

"Can... Can you stay? Please? I don't... I don't want to be alone again." I was trying my hardest to beat down the lump in my throat. 

He smiled at me, faint traces of pink appearing at the tips of his hair. 

"Of course, babes. Lemme change real quick, and I'll be right back."

A minute later he emerged from the bathroom in grey athletic shorts and a Lady Gaga t-shirt. I felt myself smile a tiny bit. 

I scooted over so he had room when he crawled under the covers next to me. Once he had gotten situated, I snuggled close, finding the strange coldness seeping off of him soothing. He wrapped his large arms around me and held me close until I finally drifted off to sleep.....

***************************************

Hey guys! 

I want to sincerely apologize for this really short chapter! I was originally going to write more to this chapter, but decided to split it in half, because this was the logical place to end the chapter. But, I hope you guys like it! I will try to write chapter 24 soon and post it. I'm super excited for the progression of the story, and we're nearing some really good angst, my friends, so, in the words of Fall Out Boy, "This is a black, black ski mask song, So put all of your anger on!" Lol XD

But seriously, ish is about to go DOWNNNNN

Anyway, thanks for reading! Also, be sure to check my page for update info, and also updates on the fan art contest that ends on January the 17th, 2020! Be sure to send me your entries before midnight on the 17th or you won't be able to participate! (If you have a legitimate reason for being late, or an issue, please DM me and I am sure we can work something out.)

Thanks all, and have a wonderful evening!

Ciao, bellas!

~Smol Emo

P.S. special shout-out to @Thyra_Has_Lumbago  for being an amazing person and a great friend! Please go give them a follow and support their projects! They deserve it!