19: Solutions

"Help!" 

The children's cries echoed as they fell into the underground chamber. 

***

Meanwhile, at Kim Jennie's place

Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook had just reached the ornate gates of the Kim's place after their sleepover together at Jimin's place. It was a Saturday morning, chirps were in the distance, but Taehyung had a pit in stomach the whole night. He wasn't really able to sleep, and it was a miracle he didn't have suitcases under his eyes. The whole time he had tried to communicate with Jisoo, but the connection wasn't working. He was worried.

 Not long after Taehyung pressed the intercom to tell the guards to let them in, the huge gates slid open and they walked into the lawn of the mansion. 

Taehyung could tell that something was amiss, even as he stepped into his home. Is she here? He wondered. Like Jisoo, he had the ability to communicate to some people without talking, but through thinking. His sister, related by blood to him, was like a part of him. He knew it when something was up, just like a second consciousness. And he felt it today.

"Mom! Where is Jisoo?" Taehyung opened the door to their mansion, Jimin and Jungkook following behind.  No one answered. Walking up the grand staircase, they reached the living room and saw Jennie at the table, sobbing.

Taehyung ran to his mother, wiping her tears away. Jimin quickly ran to the adjourning kitchen to pour a glass of water for his best friend's mother. 

Jungkook sat on the huge sofa, twiddling his fingers until he noticed Yeontan, the family dog, under the table, and tried to tease him to get out. When Jennie finally pulled herself together, they all sat on the sofa, with Jungkook cradling Yeontan like a baby. "What? Why? How?" The trio asked, firing a fusillade of questions at the distressed mother.

Jennie explained the situation to the boys. Taehyung was shocked. His little sister... kidnapped? And they had one day left to pay the ransom. It couldn't be true. Jimin and Jungkook were equally shocked, but they seemed to know something. They began whispering to each other, Yeontan leaning towards them like he knew what was going on. 

"What are you talking about?" Taehyung questioned. 

"We know a few places where kidnappers probably bring their victims to hide. Usually they are warehouses, big ones, where the hold them captive." Jimin explained, running a hand through his hair. Taehyung cradled his head in his arms, wanting to cry, but was too embarrassed to. Jimin sighed and patted his back. 

"We just found out a new place when we were out exploring this week. It's fun." Jungkook added. "No harm trying to find them there." He glanced at Yeontan for a moment, before shooting off the sofa and making everyone jump.

"EUREKA!" He cried while showing his bunny teeth, "ABCDEFG HAKUNA MATATA! I'VE GOT IT!"

Taehyung, Jennie and Jimin exchanged glances at the over-excited maknae. "Yeontan knows Jisoo's scent, right?" The boy asked.

The rest nodded. 

"We can bring Yeontan to the places we think Jisoo is at then let Yeontan sniff around the place to see if he can pick up Jisoo's scent!" 

Smiles crept up the boys' faces. Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook high-fived, fist bumped, head-bumped, neck sliced and butt-kicked each other, as a celebratory gesture. Jennie appeared visibly shook.

"It's unlikely, but who cares? It's worth a try getting my daughter back as soon as possible. Let's go." Recovering from her trance, Jennie brought the boys, plus a cute little fluffball, to the car and with a few directions from Jimin, set off.

***

Jaewon's Pov

After buying some water and snacks from the nearest convenience store I could find, I drove back to the warehouse. I shoved my hand into my pocket, rummaging around for my keys as I walked from the back of the warehouse. Inserting the keys into the door lock at the front door, I stepped into the cold metal place, not knowing I had dropped something extremely crucial. 

***

After some time, Jennie, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook had pulled up in front of the huge warehouse. It was their third try at their luck, hoping Jisoo and Jin were in there. Jungkook, who had been cradling Yeontan the whole time, set him down outside the warehouse. Meanwhile, Jennie took in the view of the humongous metal warehouse.

"I've never been here before," she breathed. "Not even at this street. I didn't know it existed." 

"Yeah, we newly discovered this place just two days ago. Jungkook was certainly feeling adventurous that day." Jimin responded, putting his hands in his pockets. Jennie then excused herself and went back into the car to keep watch for any other intruders. But probably because she looked really pale and didn't like how deserted this place was. And of course, she could call the police to come here should Jisoo and Jin actually be locked there.

"Tannie? Do you smell Jisoo?" Taehyung questioned the tiny dog, who was sniffing away.

"Cuz, he picked up something!" Jungkook whisper-shouted excitedly, following the dog who had begun to stray into the backyard of the warehouse. Behind the warehouse lay a huge barren ground.

"This warehouse doesn't have a back door?" His cousin asked.

"Doesn't seem to have," Jungkook replied.

"Oh my gosh, if Jisoo is really here, we really hit the jackpot!" Jimin swallowed in anticipation.

Faint screams cut the air, stunning everyone into silence.

Yeontan was sniffing madly at the spot where the land joined to the back of the warehouse.

"It sounds like children!" gasped Taehyung.

"If I know about warehouses well enough, there is probably a basement somewhere. I am sure the children are inside. We have to get to the basement, where they are probably locked up, without letting the kidnapper know." Jimin said. He paced back and forth, then bent down to pick up something. "Paper? Plans?" He mumbled as he unfolded the worn paper.

Everyone rushed over to look. Yeontan too, but could only stay at Taehyung's feet. 

He felt two strong hands pick him up and realised they were not Taehyung's.

Ohnononono, the dog thought, turning around to face a handsome face but with bunny teeth. 

"Oh, my, goodness." the owner of the bunny teeth exclaimed, "These could be the floor plans to this building!" 

The three boys huddled together, forming a plan to break into the warehouse using that piece of paper. Not before they had put Yeontan back in the car with Jennie. 

*** 

Back in the car, Yeontan breathed a sigh of relief.