15: Bad News

The pic is totally unrelated but I was wheezing for minutes straight so it's bad news

you're welcome (for the drama ahead)

enjoy

***

Jaewon puffed as he ran, until his phone buzzed again. He answered it immediately.

"Your mother is-"

"I know, I'm getting them!" He whispered back into his phone, aware that noise could travel. 
"She is dying, Jaewon."
"Please, mother, don't die. I beg you. I'll had over the children, please hold on." The call was ended by the other. 

***

True, Jaewon's mother was in a critical condition right now. The old lady gasped for air, like a fish out of water, fighting for life. But after the call ended, her breathing became shallow. Soon, her eyes closed. Her chest stopped rising and falling. She stayed still. The two men in the car watched her. They didn't call again.

***

Jisoo knew she was near the person who had entered. She stopped in her tracks, hearing the conversation between the person and whoever was on the phone. Unbeknownst to Jaewon, she heard every single thing. Now she knew who the person was. And they were coming for Jin and her. 

She began to run too.

***

Jin saw a figure dart past him in a cross junction. 

He sprinted forward and realised it was a girl.

"Jisoo!" He called, then clamped his hand over his mouth. Now that person who had entered would know where he probably was. Stupid, he thought.

Running after her was no easy task. She was amazingly fast at her age, and it was after a few minutes of sprinting then Jin caught up with her. 

"Jisoo! Finally!" He gasped.

Jisoo pushed his hand away from her shoulder. "Go away, Jin."

"What?"

"I don't want to hurt you anymore."

"But I can't protect myself! Someone else is in here too and I'm scared I'll get hurt alone!"

Jisoo stopped and stared at him coldly, processing what he had just said. "So you're using me as protection now." She stated matter-of-factly. 

"I- I mean-"

"Go away, Kim Seokjin. You heard me. I am not your shield. Not your protector. Also, I don't want to hurt you. I thought you came to find me because you were worried about me, but obviously I'm wrong." 

Jin stood stunned by what she had just said. Jisoo strode away, her bag swaying side to side as did her ponytails. 

"I'm sorry." Jin swallowed, gazing at her in the distance. He then silently followed her, placing his hands in his pockets and keeping his gaze on the hard concrete floor. 

***