Breathless

I was so angry and as I turned away a thought raced through my mind. We were done. We were never going to speak to each other again after this. He doesn't need his Jewel detector anymore.
I felt his hand roughly grabbed my arm and I turned angrily to yell at him again, but the look on his face caused me to pull up short. His eyes glistened with tears he would not shed and fear was written on his face. His ears were pinned back as though he had been slapped.
"Inu..."
"I'm afraid." He interrupted. " I didn't mean anything I said, I'm sorry I yelled. I'm not ready for this all the inside stuff. I don't know how humans deal living like this all the damn time."
"One moment at a time. " I state. "Obviously we don't get it right all the time either."
"Keh, yeah. .."
I start to pull away, but he holds on.
"Don't go."
"Why?"
He looked as though he was working up the courage to say something else, and it wasn't working, when suddenly he moved closer.
"Kagome..." it was just my name, but as it left his lips and entered my heart it became everything I had ever wanted. His golden amber eyes suddenly loomed large in my vision. I could feel his breath wash over my face, warm and urgent. Then his lips were on mine. I could feel his hesitation and thought he would pull away. And in beat of my heart a lifetime was lived. All at once I felt a hot rush come over me and instinctively melted my body against his. His arms encircled me and held me like a lifeline. A gentle gust of wind twisted around us and I sharply inhaled, catching his unique scent.
Then the world fell away as he deepened the kiss...
There was an energy that started at his mouth and ended up in my belly... lower.
I felt it rush into my cheeks like he was a match and I was catching fire. Cautiously I parted my lips and felt his sharp intake of breath when my tongue teased his lower lip. He surrendered then to whatever this moment was and open his mouth as well. I felt his tongue, unsure, touch mine and quickly withdraw. I coaxed him and felt him shiver. His arms tightened around me, pulling all of me against his body. I felt something hard pressing against my pelvis and moaned into his mouth. My whole body pulsed, and his body answered. He suddenly broke away, and we were both breathless. We stared into each other's eyes. His were glazed and hooded.
"My god! " I breathed.
"Did I hurt you Kagome? "
"No! I just didn't know. .. I , you, I mean I don't know what to say."
"Bad?"
" Stop being negative. It was amazing. I just wasn't expecting to," I blush more, " respond so strongly."
"Oh, keh. Yeah. I know what you mean. "
My hand moves up to caress his cheek, but he catches it.
"Don't! ...I don't know if I could stop if I get going again..."
" What if I don't want you to stop." I whisper I almost can't believe I said it out loud. He shakes his head.
"No. I won't be the one to dishonor you."
I nod and lay my head over his heart. "I understand. It's just.. "
"What?"
I look up at him. "You are the only one I have ever wanted this way"
When he doesn't say anything, my heart drops. I know why. Kikyo. Will she always be a shadow in my peripheral vision?
"InuYasha, please look at me. I'm not going to get mad."
" What I had with her wasn't like this. .. I wasn't like this. I hadn't started thinking about this sort of thing yet. I didn't really until your smell changed." He ended quietly.
"I really can't help it. "
"I know, I just can't. "
"Can't? Won't? Or are you still afraid? "
"I can't answer that," He barked, " half of me says yes and the other half screams no."
" There's only one way to find out." I say as coy as I know how. His blank stare urges me to continue. I turn my hand in his and start circling my thumb in his palm. My other hand still on his back, slowly moves down and I trace one finger just inside the waist of his pants, gently caressing the skin of his hip. His sharp intake of breath told me I was getting to him.
"Kagome!" He growls out. It's a sound that's halfway between anger and frustration.
My finger slides around to the front, but I'm too scared to go any farther. Am I afraid he will stop me or afraid he won't? I don't know.