Aftermath

I laied in his arms until the swelling went down and as I suspected, not much came out, even when I sat up. He wore a woe begotten look and scooped me up, putting me down in the water. I tenderly caressed his face, and pulled him down into a gentle kiss.
"You really aren't upset at all are you?"
"No Aisareru. I'm thrilled. I wanted this connection with you, more than you know. I will prove it." I took him by the now flaccid manhood, and while massaging it in my hand, I pulled his head down to my mating mark. I felt him flick his tongue over it, then fangs sinking in. His shaft came to life in my hand and he panted, pulling away from my shoulder.
"Damn Kagome. I didn't really know you felt that way!"
I nodded, loving this connection.
"But you are cold." He scooped up some water with the intention of cleaning me off, but when his hand brushed my clitorus, I spasmed.
"Someone isn't done yet." He growled, picking me up and taking me back to the sunny shore.
About two hours later, we found ourselves home, but met with bad news. A band of bandits had raided a near by village and we're seen headed our way. Everyone geared up. I climbed on InuYashas back and he sprinted off. He lept onto a lower pitched roof and set me off.
"Shoot from up here."
"What if they set this place on fire?" I was afraid of a fire, but I really wanted to be by his side.
"Won't let um." He leapt easily down and ran to Miroku. "You ain't going to be much help monk, don't you dare get hurt!"
Miroku laughed, and hit InuYasha in the back of the legs with his staff. "You don't get hurt dog."
They had become good friends after spending so much time fighting together. Banter and jabs had become a norm. I was happy to see their camaraderie. The smile quickly left my lips as I saw the bandits crash out of the forest path. Their had to be two dozen. I quickly shot a pair of them in the legs, bringing them down. The guys had the majority of them until one stragglers broke free, I took him out as well, landing my arrow higher than intended. He wouldn't be having children. The village men helped beat back the rest, who then fled back the way they came.
Danger averted, InuYasha came to get me down. "You did good." He smiled.
"You were in my way." I cooed, rubbing his ear.
"Vixen, we still have work."
I nodded and he grabbed me and lept down. We quickly set about gathering medicine and supplies to take to the neighboring village. I was loading up to go when Kaede stopped me.
"Nay Kagome. I will go with young lady Rin. She needs the experience. His Lordship Sesshomaru has ordered it so."
I nodded, a little disappointed, but honestly thankful. I was drained and wanted a good long nap.
I wached them go and turned for home.
I climbed into my soft bed, so thankful once again for my husbands, and Mirokus building skills. The matress was packed straw on the bottom, but down and wool on the top, covered twice with soft cloth. There was also a thick cover and a woven cover that we rarely used. I buried down deep and pulled both covers over me, quickly falling asleep.
I awoke at some point during the night. The fire was embers, so I went into the main room and got roaring again.
I was still alone in the over quiet dark, and an unnerving feeling was creeping in the back of my mind. What was keeping them. I wondered if Sango was still up, but I didn't want to bother her if the children were asleep. I had just made up my mind to go when the door burst open.
InuYasha carried Kaede in and set her by the fire.
"Is she ok?" I said worried.
"Keh, that old bird. Yeah, just exhausted."
"What happened?"
InuYasha said about telling me everything that had happened from the time they left until now. They had encountered what was left of the bandits on the road. The idiots had made a last ditch effort to take the wagon of supplies. Miroku and InuYasha didn't want to kill the men, but we're left very little choice. By the time they got to the village most of it was engulfed in flames. So they went about containing and extinguishing the fire before they could treat anyone.
I could smell smoke on his clothes, but I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around him.
"I'm all sooty Kagome."
"Do you think I care about that? I just want to hold you."
He pulled me up into his lap and crushed me against his chest.
"Gods I love you woman."