Oh Shit..

Later that night, Nick and I went out to dinner. This was the first night in a while I was able to relax. Now that Simon was remanded I had nothing to worry about except for trial which was set for 6 weeks from now. Well actually, I had PLENTY to worry about. I still don't know whether this baby's dad is Nick or Simon... Nick noticed I was feeling uneasy and was very gentle towards me.
Nick: What's wrong babe?
Me: I just...nothing.
Nick: Come on please baby. Tell me.
Me: It's just Nick I don't know if you are the father of this child...
A tear rolled down my cheek as my voice cracked. Nick sat there with a look of worry on his face.
Nick: W-when can you take the test?
Me: I still have another 5 weeks to go...
Nick: O-oh...
I could tell he wanted to cry and I was right along with him. If I were to find out the father was Simon, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I was probably go insane.
Nick: Let's just ignore the matter right now and just have a fun night celebrating.
I smiled at Nick and we started laughing for no reason. We ordered our food and we talked for about 20 minutes about old cases we had through the years, then our food came. We continued eating and talking when someone came in the door. He looked real scary. He had on dark shades, a black hoodie, a pair of blue jeans, and black boots. The hood of his hoodie was pulled up. He looked extremely suspicious. Something about him just wasn't right. He sat at a table near the door and he glanced at me and Nick and turned away. I look at Nick with a confused look. We shrugged it off and finished eating. We walked towards the counter at the front to pay our bill when the odd mad stood up and pulled a gun from his hoodie pocket. I reached for my hip for my gun out of instinct when I realized it wasn't there. He pointed the gun directly at me. Luckily, Nick had his gun so he pulled it out and aimed it at the man. The whole restaurant was screaming and getting under their tables.
Nick: Put the gun down.
Man: Haha. Do you think I'm going to take orders from you?
Nick: What do you mean?
Man: I mean, a man who would marry this slut.
He was implying me. I stood there in shock. Those words penetrated me, making me feel worthless. Nick's rage reached a maximum level.
Nick: You shut your mouth you bastard!
The man chuckled.
Man: You make me laugh, Amaro.
Nick: H-how do you know my name?
Man: Oh I have my ways.
Me: YOUR'E A FRIEND OF SIMON'S AREN'T YOU?!
Man: Yes. Very good. The dumb whore gets an A+.
My ears turned bright red.
Nick: I'm going to ask you one more time, put-the gun-down.
Man: How about....no.
Just then patrol officers came through the door and tackled the man. The gun slid across the floor over to my feet. I jumped back and a small scream escaped my mouth. Nick walked over to me and pulled me in a tight hug. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I burst into tears. My face was stained with my tears.
Nick: Shhhhhh. It'll be okay. Calm down. Calm down. I love you.
Me: I-I love you t-too.