The Secret Slips

As I was running to the bathroom Simon started yelling things that made me want to turn around and have another round at him.

Simon: YOU KNOW YOU WANTED IT BITCH! YOU KNOW YOU DIDNT WANT ME TO STOP! YOU LOVED IT AND YOU KNOW IT!

I shoved the bathroom door open and stopped right in front of the mirror. I stared at myself. I lifted my shirt looking at my stomach. I am fat I thought to myself. Olivia burst through the door and saw me standing there. She rushed over to me and pushed my shirt down violently.

Olivia: Amanda I swear to god if you even DARE think you are fat, you and I are going to have a little chat. CUZ sweetheart...YOU-ARE-NOT-FAT!

Tears rolled down my face like raindrops rolled down a window in a thunderstorm. She gave me the biggest hug I had ever received in my life. And this time I actually hugged back.

Me: Olivia. I can't do this. I can't go through all of this horror. Please don't make me!

I dropped to the floor and curled up in a ball. I turned the opposite away from Olivia and faced the wall. I couldn't look at her. It would just make me cry even harder.

Olivia: I swear to god I am going to kill my brother. I hate his guts! He is such a disgusting bastard!

Just then Nick came rushing through the door. My heart stopped. I hugged my knees tighter to my chest. He ran over and knelt beside me. As soon as he spoke, our secret was revealed.

Nick: Amanda baby!!! I can't believe that sick son of a bitch raped you! I am going to rip his guts out!

I rolled over and threw myself into his lap. I finally had a chance to let it all out. I cried and screamed.

Me: N-Nick! (I said through loud gasps for air) I-LOVE-YOU-SO-MUCH!

He grabbed me and hugged me tightly.

Nick: I LOVE YOU TOO BABY!

Olivia sat there with great confusion.

Olivia: W-what is going o-on?

Nick looked up and began explaining everything.

Nick: Well Amanda and I have been dating for 5 months now. We have been hiding it because we didn't know what you all would do. Amanda is the love of my life and I don't know what I would ever do without her. Now that that sick son of a bitch raped her, my heart is torn. I wanna help my baby get the justice she deserves.

Olivia sat there starstruck. Nick could tell that she was happy for us. She wanted to say something but decided not too. She didn't want to interfere with this moment so she got up and went out into the squad room. Nick and I sat there on the floor of the bathroom. I lay in his lap crying and he sat there hugging me.

Me: Nick I'm glad you're here. Please don't ever leave me!

Nick: I won't. I promise.

He kissed my forehead and I flinched. He knew I was still jittery so he didn't say anything.

We stood up and with his arm around me, we walked out of the bathroom and into the squad room.