• • Call it Intuition • •

"I feel bad for the kid, Tikki." Plagg mumbled under his breath.

A frown spread across the red kwami's face, "me too Plagg, but what can we do about it?"

  Marinette and Adrien were down stairs, which gave the kwamis a chance to talk, "Sugar cube, my boy was akumatized today it hurt."

  Tikki gave a sympathetic smile, "I know it did Plagg, but we still need to figure out how to fix this mess."

  The sound of two teens walking up the stairs sent the kwamis flying onto Marinette's bed, "Thanks for dinner Mari." Adrien said slipping of his jacket and placing it on her chaise.

  The sight sent a rush of warmth to Marinette's face, "N-no problem Adrien."  The sound of a phone ringing made Marinette jump, "A-Adrien, I think that's yours." she said picking herself up off the ground.

  Adrien tensed up, "it'll be my dad. Marinette, I don't wan't to talk to him. I don't want to face him." Marinette could see the distress in Adrien's eyes and she reached for the phone.

  She looked up at Adrien, "Do you want me to pick up, or leave it to ring?" A wave of relief flooded over Adrien's body.

  He stepped over and pulled the phone away from Marinette, "just let it ring." he set it back down on her chaise, but when he faced her again he released how close he had actually stepped. 'We're close enough to kiss' he thought to him self.

  He brushed a strand of lose hair out of Marinette's face, "A-Adrien are you okay?" Adrien only nodded and stepped back. Adrien lied down on her chaise and closed his eyes, just taking in the feeling of warmth that he got being in Marinette's house.

  As he closed his eyes he felt cold air flood around him Hawkmoth's voice ringing in his ear, "I never said you had to hurt her" he snapped back up clutching his hand to his heart. Was he going to feel this everyone he closed his eyes?

The sound of a trap door opening snapped Adrien back to reality, "Adrien, are you okay?" Marinette was standing by the entrance slowly closing it. She set a bag down next to the door and walked over, "Adrien, what's wrong?" she questioned noticing a tear sliding down her friends face.

  Adrien felt Marinette's small hand wipe away a tear, "I- I was-" he stopped himself. He couldn't say he was Akumatized today the news only filmed Chat Noir, "My father, he tried to use my sadness to akumatize me. I remember how it felt to fight it away."

  Adrien notices a tear roll down his friends cheek, "Adrien.." he felt warmth around him as Marinette leaned in and a wrapped her arms around him, "Adrien, I'm sorry. It's okay, I'm here." Marinette felt bad for her crush. She never thought he would be one to get akumatized, "Wanna get some fresh air on my balcony?"

Adrien exhaled, "yeah, I would like that." He grabbed Marinette's hand that was extended and lifted himself up, apparently Adrien wasn't aware how strong Marinette was because the next thing he knew he fell on top of her, "I- ugh, gah- sorry Mari."

Marinette could feel her face heating up, "I-it's f-fine A-a-Adrien." he pushed himself up and lifted Marinette as well, "Anyway, let's head to the balcony."

When they made it up to the balcony a cool breeze blew through their hair as they both gripped the railing, "Marinette..." Adrien said slowly turning to face his classmate, with out a warning he ducked pulling Marinette with him. An Akuma flew over their heads.

Marinette opened her eyes panting, "H-how did you know?"

He stared into her blue bell eyes, "call it intuition." he smirked.

A/N: ok ok chill I can almost see you guys starting to line up at my house with the pitch forks with so many close calls to a kiss but still I'm sorry not sorry 💚🖤❤️ BUG OUT