Chapter 9_Strange Encounters (pt1)

Mika and RM stood still talking for a few minutes while the rest of MX and BTS searched through the alleyway. The same alleyway the man who calls himself Chan just came from. Taehyung and Jimin stayed behind as the smell of the alleyway was worse than they expected it to be. It wasn’t long when the groups decided to come back to where RM and Mika were standing.
Mika looked at RM and tells him how their search went but was told to keep it until they found a spot to hide for a while. RM leads the two groups to a house that looked to be empty. They looked inside and around for anything suspicious and lucky for them it was safe enough to talk.
Mika stood up while the rest were sitting down.

[2 days Ago]

Mika looks at RM as he gives her the right away to search another area while they go straight ahead. They look at EXO doing the exact same thing. The groups who are each on their own head to wherever their respectful leaders led them.
Kihyun and Shownu walked in front while Mika, Jooheon and I.M walked beside her. It wasn’t long when the two in front heard some noises that for them sounded like a festival of some kind. Minhyuk and Wonho heard the same thing coming from behind and alerted Mika of this but she was too focused on what the two in front were hearing.
Wonho and Minhyuk were on their way to search for wherever this sound may be coming from but stopped the moment Mika whispered to the rest. The other member known of Hyungwon just stood still awaiting the orders of Mika but even he could see she wasn’t alerted enough to command any further instructions.

Mika: I understand I might look off game but I know this sound..
Hyungwon: What you mean?
Wonho: Why you say this sound.. It sounds like a festival of some kind.
Mika: No.. This is the sound of... (Looks up).. RUN!!!!!

Mika screams at the groups to run the moment a object similar to that of a bomb suddenly came flying towards them. The boys ran towards Mika in the middle, making sure to protect her. Mika was out of shape as she couldn’t see anything in front as well, but neither could Shownu or Kihyun.
The group ran towards a bridge but still something was off about this whole ordeal, that is until Hyungwon saw an alleyway and alerted the team. They followed him to a spot he saw, or rather a spot he hoped to be that of an alleyway.
They finally arrived and lucky for them it was safe enough to hide while they could think of their next move. Mika took a few breaths while she thought of an plan. Shownu and Jooheon went to look for anything that might be wrong in this area but it was way more quiet than they expected.
Mika stood up and walked towards Shownu and saw exactly what he described just a few minutes ago. The whole idea of running for bombs but finding out it was nothing kept them thinking if this is some kind of illusion or what.

Wonho: Why are we running for nothing..
Hyungwon: Mika ... Are you sure you saw a bomb like object approaching us..
Mika: (turns to them).. Yes.. Minhyuk and I.M saw it as well...
Minhyuk: True.. But it looked like the same type that we once saw at..
I.M : Our old hideout.. Remember the first time we moved there..
Jooheon: You can’t actually think it’s the same kind.. I mean those type are pretty..
Kihyun: More like extremely dangerous..
Mika: Anyway... For now we sit here and strategize..
MX: Yes Mam..

Mika and the rest started making refuge at this alleyway but they still had their ears out to make sure of any noises or footsteps approaching them. The group started making some changes to their older strategies, the ones that always worked but now they realized they had to change that.
Kihyun and Shownu would lead the group but Jooheon and I.M would be against that as it seems to be the same as they always do things. The two starts talking and arguing to be the ones in the front this time but even Mika could see that wouldn’t be a good idea, not because they aren’t skilled enough but note the idea that they are more wild than the rest.
Mika got ready to speak when the groups suddenly heard footsteps. Mika got up while the rest hid from whoever’s approaching them. It wasn’t long when the footsteps went quiet and totally caught the group and Mika totally of guard.
Mika walked to the front, followed by the rest.

Mika: What??..
Kihyun: What just happened?
Unknown: You're clumsy..
(MX and Mika turns around).
Wonho: (gets in front of Mika).. Identify yourself..
MX: (Gets in front of Mika as well)..
Unknown: Really.. (Holds his chin).. Should I identify myself..mmmm..
Hyungwon:, Why are you here..??
Unknown: (smiles).. Real question is.. Why are you here..?
Mika: We...
Unknown: Mika and Monsta X...

Mika and MX were stunned at that moment, not knowing how this guy knew them. They began getting into a fighting position but this unknown individual was not fazed one bit, to them it looked like he was ready even if he wasn’t in a fighting stance or anything.
Mika being the leader of the group stepped to the front to confront this individual but her crew didn’t want to let her pass. She knew they just wanted to protect her but she had to find out how and what this guy's objective was.
She walked to his direction and was just a few meters away from him when a smirk appeared on his face. He looked at her and just couldn’t help but see the curiosity she had in her eyes about him and what he was planning. He stepped forward and reached out his hand, but stopped the moment MX got in front of Mika once again.
Shownu got in front with the rest just behind him. The individual began walking back towards the other way of the alleyway but was stopped when Mika spoke up.

Mika: Hey!! Who are you?
Unknown: I go by many names.. But for now y’all can just call me Anpanman..(smirks)
Jooheon: What??.. Are you some type of superhero or what..
Anpanman: The way things stand now.. I could kill you here and escape but I won’t..
Kihyun: You’re quite confident in your abilities..
Anpanman: You’re on the hunt for whoever might have the antidote right. (smiles)..
Mika: How did you know?..
Anpanman: I’ll tell y’all who has it.. But remember.. You have to hurry..
Mika: Why?
Anpanman: The one in charge was taken out.. And the current leaders of this town are way more ruthless than anyone... Especially to traitors..
Wonho: And who’s the new leader..
Anpanman: People calls him by the name of the old leader..
Mika: Why??
Anpanman: Old leader was behind your whole adventure.. New leader will end it.. His name is (looks at them).. Sloane!!!.. (Smirks)..

Mika and the rest look at this guy as the name Sloane just happens to ring a bell. They look at each other as they remember the guy who calls himself Sloane.
Kihyun and Shownu who were looking down in shock just had to ask more questions but the moment they looked up the man who calls himself Anpanman was gone. He left no traces of anything and to them it was as if he was never there.
They began looking at each other for answers but nothing came up. Mika looked at them as she remembers Sloane... The one guy who grew up with her.
She looked at each member as they all could remember their long lost friend, the one who taught them how to fight and defend themselves. Mika looked up and wiped her tears as she gives the orders to get ready with a more serious voice.
The rest knew that their journey was about to get even more difficult seeing as someone took out their once strong and powerful leader. Mika who vowed to get revenge for the death of her fallen comrade set out to look for BTS to try and explain the situation but she had no idea where to go next.
Hyungwon led the way this time as something caught his eyes. The rest just followed hoping he knew what way to go. Wonho was about to say something, but sees something ahead of them and knew it must be someone trying to lead them out of this place.
It wasn’t long when they suddenly lost sight of this person, or whatever were leading them to a certain area. Kihyun and Wonho walked to the front and saw something they never thought they would see.
The two told the rest to look as they knew this wasn’t something they should actually see but for now it would be for the best to know what kind of people they are dealing with.

Mika: I could more than 500..
Kihyun: Must be the people who lived here..
Wonho: But they did say this new guy is ruthless.. So why are we surprised..
Jooheon: No.. We aren’t surprised about that... More like why would he take out the people who basically helps him run this city..
I.M : But maybe they aren’t dead yet..
Mika: I.M might have a point.. I mean it would be pretty stupid to kill them..
Shownu: Are we going down there..
Hyungwon: Could be a trap.. Why not just come back when we understand this whole thing first..
Mika: Good idea.. Let’s go..

Mika and the boys stood still for a while, checking out the work of a monster. The monster who they came to know as the new Sloane. Mika knew about the work of the previous boss her former comrade but she didn’t know the new one would be capable of this.
Kihyun grabs Mika's shoulder as he tells her “Its time to go”, and she does just that. The team turns around to be face to face with the person who they followed.
Hyungwon was about to attack her but was stopped by Mika. Mika commanded the boys to stand down and hear what this individual had to say.

Mika: You led us here.. Why??
Unknown: You've seen the bodies.. That’s what awaits those who goes up against Sloane...
Kihyun: Are you trying to warn us..??
Unknown: Yes.. I’ve been attacked by his men once.. Luckily I escaped in time..
Hyungwon: How can we know where he is.. Or how he looks..
Unknown: ...No one knows where he lives or how he looks.. That’s what makes him so fearless..
Mika: Thank You.. Anyway what’s your name..
Unknown: Just call me “Sage”.. (Smiles)
Mika: Thank You Sage (smiles)..
Sage: Goodluck on your journey..

Mika and the boys took their leave and headed to wherever BTS might be, but they knew they weren’t alone.

End of Chapter 9