five

26th March 2013

Emma's POV

I woke up at 9:36 am to the sound of yelling. I furrowed my eyebrows and I quickly sat up to to pay full attention to the bickering I was hearing from downstairs. I got out of bed and pressed my ear against my bedroom door, hearing the voice of my older sister, Imogen.

Imogen and I have always been close, she is an amazing older sister and is also my role model. Ever since I was born my mother told me she was always attached to me and we have been like best friends ever since. She's taught me so much in my 17 years of living on this earth and whenever I have a problem I know that I can always go to her for great advice. Whenever Marc and I have one of our pathetic arguments and I always come home in tears she's always there to comfort me and gives me advice on what to do and how to handle certain situations.

I heard the shouting quieten and with a sigh of relief I slumped back in bed, shutting my eyes to try to drift off to sleep again. As I turned onto my left side to comfort myself with my pillow I heard a light knock on my door and I cleared my throat, shouting, "Come in." To whoever it was.

Imogen walked in with a bright smile on her face and waved at me.

"Hey." I returned a smile and patted the side of my bed inviting her to sit next to me. She hurried across my room and plonked herself next to me with a sigh.

"What's up?" I asked out of curiosity, running my fingers through my bed hair, "I heard you yelling downstairs, it woke me up."

"Shít, sorry." She laughed. "I was on the phone to Jake, he wouldn't come shopping with me today because he's going go-karting with his friends. Like what the fúck he's 22 he needs to grow up." She huffed.

I started laughing at her comment about her boyfriend and she glared at me for a while, eventually laughing along with me.
Our laughing was interrupted when my phone started ringing, my ringtone filled my whole room and I got up off the bed and started wiggling my hips to the tune to hear Imogen giggling at me.
I glanced at my phone to see it was Marc calling me.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" I said while holding my phone up to my ear.

"Hi, sorry did I wake you up? It's quite early for you to be awake. To say its a weekend you usually sleep till midday." He laughed.

"Nah. I've been awake awhile now." I smiled and looked over to Imogen sticking my tongue out at her which she laughed lightly and stuck her middle finger up at me.

"Oh good." Marc cleared his throat and continued. "So anyways, as you know it's my mum's 40th birthday tomorrow and my dad has just told me that he's been planning a surprise party for her tomorrow at our house. So do you wanna come?"

Marc's mum, Denise, is such a lovely woman, she's like my second mother. Every time I go to over to their house she welcomes me with open arms and always tells me that I'm a beautiful girl and that Marc is very lucky to have me. It was like I was a part of their family.

Without hesitating I replied, "Yeah of course! But what should I get her as a present?" I asked fiddling with my pyjama shorts.

"Oh, don't worry about that! You don't have to get her anything." He reassured.

"No, of course I'm going to get her something!"

"Okay, fine. But to answer your question I've no idea. Maybe some wine?"

"Yeah, I'll get Imogen to pick me some up today." I looked over to her and nodded and she furrowed her eyebrows with a questioning look.

"So the party starts at 7pm, I'll see you then?"