seventeen

12th July 2013

For the past few days Michael and I have exchanged texts, he told me that Calum has not yet asked Ashton if he likes me or not but apparently he's waiting for the right time to bring it up to him.

It's making me anxious waiting every single day, keeping my feelings locked inside of me and away from Ashton. Honestly I cannot wait for the day when Ashton knows about my feelings towards him, it'll lift a huge weight off of my shoulders. If it weren't for Michael pissing around with Ashton's phone he would have known by now. I'm not entirely sure if I'm glad that he didn't find out because as soon as I sent the texts to Ashton I had a bad feeling in my stomach and I suddenly started to regret it.

I'm just really scared of losing him as a friend, if he didn't like me in the same way as I do it would really hurt... but just as long as he's in my life I'd be happy.

I decided to text Michael because my patience was terrible. I kind of wanted to get it over and done with.

To: mikey

is calum going to ask ashton anytime soon?

Soon enough, Michael sent a reply:

From: mikey

we've just finished band practice ill bring it up to calum now

-

Ashton's POV

I wiped the mounds of sweat forming on my forehead with a towel nearby, trying to calm down my breathing as I reached out for a bottle of water to hydrate myself after practicing on the drums.

"Wow." I breathed. "I think we did good."

Luke took the camera off of the tripod and plugged it into his laptop to upload the video to YouTube. We had just done a cover of Jasey Rae by All Time Low which we've been practicing for weeks now to make sure it's perfect.

In total, we now have 74 subscribers and our first cover on our channel got 100 views. It doesn't seem like much but it's a huge achievement for us, if we keep putting in the effort and continue to practice more in sure it'll benefit us in the future.

I stepped outside of the garage with the boys and took a seat in the kitchen. A smile formed on my face as I began to read Emma's texts she sent me while I was drumming.

"Ash, Cal?" Michael said which caught my attention for a moment. I raised my head and nodded at him to continue.

"Can I use your shower?" he panted while fanning himself with his hands. "I'm all sweaty."

I nodded, "Sure, go ahead."

Michael muttered his thanks and exited the kitchen, leaving Calum, Luke and I sat down at the table in silence while typing on our phones.

I glanced upwards to see Calum furrowing his eyebrows at something on his phone, I glanced to my right to see Luke cursing under his breath at a game he was playing as his thumbs tapped on his screen in a frenzy.

"Guys, why don't we move in together?" I asked, breaking the silence in the room.

Calum and Luke lifted their heads up at the same time and shot me a smile.

"I was actually thinking about that the other day." Calum chuckled.

I turned my attention to Luke, "Don't you agree? Like there's no point in you and Michael living together in one house and then Calum and I living in another house. We're always together... we might as well live in one big house."