six

27th March 2013

I arrived at Marc's house at 6:45pm with a sigh of relief as I thought I'd never get here on time. I was ready early - thanks to Imogen, and after I went downstairs to ask my mum for a ride to the party she gushed over how beautiful I looked and proceeded to take a million pictures of me which was awkward because I hate people taking photos of me - the picture taking then resulted in my mother crying over how fast I was 'growing up'.

I waved my mum goodbye and watched as she drove off down the road. I turned on my heels and began walking towards the Evan's household for Denise's 40th birthday party. I quickly knocked on the wooden front door and began to fluff my hair up with my fingers so I was sure to look perfect when Marc opened the door.

After waiting at the door for a minute or so the door opened and Marc stood there looking handsome as ever in a black button up shirt and skinny jeans and I could smell his strong colonge from where I was standing outside. We looked eachother up and down, a smile forming on my face as he was clearly astonished at how good I looked in this dress since he's usually used to seeing me in casual clothing.

Marc spoke up, breaking the silence of us gawking at each other, "Wow..." he breathed heavily while smiling at me, "You look amazing."

"Thanks. I could say the same thing about you." I smiled and walked inside the house wrapping my arms around his waist and bringing him in for a kiss.

Marc's house was filled with party guests all stood around socialising, the drinks were flowing and it looked like everybody was having a great time. Most of the people here were my parents age but Marc informed me that a few of his friends were coming so we wouldn't be bored for the rest of the night hanging out with middle-aged people.

Above the loud music I could hear the sound of the doorbell ringing and Marc and I walked over to the door to answer it. I was initially expecting another middle aged woman who was friends with Denise, but it wasn't.

I pulled open the door to see Lindsay fúcking Slater standing there with a bright smile on her face. She was wearing a crisp white dress, a small portion of it was cut out along the lines of her tanned stomach. Her long blonde hair was tied up into a messy ponytail and her makeup looked absolutely flawless. I envy her so fúcking much.

She pushed straight past me and walked into the house, turning on her heels to look at me. "Hello, Emma-Rose" she smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "It's just Emma."

I hated it when people called me Emma-Rose. My name was Emma and Emma only. She always knows how to piss me off.

"Yeah, whatever." she laughed and turned to the side to pay attention to my boyfriend, a smile forming on her lips. "Hi Marc, you look handsome tonight."

I could feel my cheeks burning, turning red in anger and I was pretty sure steam was pouring out of my ears like you see on cartoon programmes. She was saying this on purpose, every time I'm with Marc she ALWAYS has to flirt with him. Lindsay knows damn well what she's doing, she just trying to annoy me.

I was very annoyed, well the word annoyed wasn't even close to what I was feeling right now, I think the word I was looking for was furious. I was trying to act perfectly normal as I didn't want to give Linsday the satisfaction. God I hate her so much. She literally happens to be the biggest slùt around, she's probably slept with 90% of the entire nation.

Marc simply smiled sweetly and pulled her in for a hug, whispering something in her ear which made me want to punch them both simultaneously.

The 'friendly' hug lasted longer than I had intended and I was still stood there looking awkward as fùck holding my wine glass as my boyfriend and that slut were hugging right infront of my eyes. I coughed to get their attention and their bodies pulled away from eachother and Linsday just gave me a smile and batted her eyelashes.