fourteen

8th July 2013

~ I slowly began to wake up from my long slumber, rubbing my eyes as I opened them to see the daylight peak through the sheer curtains. I felt someone's arms tighten around my body as I began to shift around in the bed, I turned around to see Ashton staring at me with sleepy eyes.

"Morning, Emma." he smiled while giving me a kiss on my forehead.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Ashton?"

"Yeah babe. What's wrong?" he mumbled while tightening his grip around my waist, giving me insane butterflies in my stomach.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned while gazing into his dreamy hazel eyes.

"I got a flight last night remember? I came to surprise you." ~

I sprang up in my bed breathing heavily, my mouth becoming instantly dry. I sat upright as I gazed around my bedroom with my eyes wide open in shock.

It was just a dream.

I slowed down my breathing and laid back in bed, crashing my head back into the pillow.

Did I really just dream about Ashton? Fúck.

My mind is so jumbled at the minute. There's a lot of things to get my head around.
I'm slowly trying to get over what Marc did to me and I'm building up more and more feelings for Ashton each time I wake up in the morning.

I sighed and turned onto my side to open my bedside drawer to rummage through to see if I had any cigarettes left. I smiled as I found an old packet of menthol Marlboro's with 6 cigarettes still untouched inside the packet.

I climbed out of bed and grabbed a pair of leggings to put on to go outside and smoke - my mum would kill me if I did it in the house.

Hurrying downstairs I unlocked the front door and sat on the doorstep. I pulled a cigarette out of the packet along with my red lighter and I held the cigarette to my lips, flicking the switch of the lighter and cupping the flame in my hands to light it up.

I took a drag, inhaling it for a moment before slowly breathing out the smoke, smiling in satisfaction.

This dream about Ashton has really fucked with my emotions. I know dreams are generally fucked up but it astounds me that I dreamt about him. Is my mind telling me something?

I pulled out my phone and decided to text Natalie to see if she wanted to hang out today. I really needed a distraction from Ashton or I'll basically be thinking of him all day - probably till the point where my mind blows and I go insane.

To: Natalie :)

hey, wanna hang out today? x

I took another drag from my cigarette and plugged in my earphones to play some One Direction while I relieved my stress and thoughts while smoking.

From: Natalie :)

sure, wanna meet in starbucks at 1? :-)

I began to reply to the text while bobbing my head to the music that filled my ears while continuing to smoke the rest of my cigarette.
All of a sudden I felt a tug on my left ear and the earphone was yanked out.
I snapped my head up to see my sister Imogen standing there, tapping her foot onto the ground with her eyebrows raised.

"Didn't know you smoked." she said while taking a seat next to me on the doorstep.

I sighed, "I don't. It's just occasional."