twelve

6th July, 2013

Ashton's POV

My brows furrowed slightly as I unwillingly stirred into consciousness and buried deeper into the warm covers I was cosily cocooned in. The bright sunlight peeped through my curtains, blinding my eyesight as I slowly began to prise open my eyes, before glancing out of the window to see the sun beaming high in the sky.
I slowly leaned up on my elbows and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before reaching over to grab my phone to check the time and to see if I had any text messages.

It was 11:12am to my surprise, I sure did have a good nights sleep since I didn't have to work this week. Also no texts, no missed calls, no emails were shown.

I slumped down into my bed again, peeling back the covers off my body as it was beginning to get hot in my room.
As I began to wake up more my mind instantly thought of Emma. I could hear her strong London accent in my mind, repeating the words 'I like you' over and over again. Hearing those exact words made a smile creep on my face but the fact that she was drunk made me question whether she was saying it truthfully or just because of her high levels of intoxication.
When you're drunk you say a lot of stupid stuff, some things that you don't mean but on the other hand, alcohol can give you confidence to reveal the truth, you can admit some stuff that you probably wouldn't want to admit if you were sober.
I guess I had to find the truth out myself.

I got out of bed and hurried down the stairs before the aroma of pancakes filled my nostrils as I walked into the kitchen.
Calum stood at the cooker wearing baggy basketball shorts, he snapped his head around to face me, giving me a warm smile.

"Hey man." he said while flipping the pancake over in the pan.

I took a seat at the kitchen table, watching Calum as he made the pancakes, "Hey."

"You sleep well?" he laughed. "You woke up pretty late."

"Yeah, taking the advantage of having a week off of work." I chuckled.

Calum laughed before turning back around to scoop the pancakes onto a large plate for us both to share. He walked over to the table and set down syrup in the middle of us and sat opposite me.

Calum picked up a pancake, stuffing it into his mouth, "By the way Luke and Michael are-"

I heard the front door crash open making me question whether it just came off the hinges. Michael's voice bellowed through the house, "HEY GUYS, ITS ONLY US!"

Calum sighed, "-Coming over."

Michael and Luke strolled into the kitchen nonchalantly and took a seat at the table.

"Oh, sweet... Pancakes!" Michael cheered as he reached over to take the pancake off my plate. "I'm starving."

I glared at Michael as he took a bite out of my pancake.
"That was mine." I whined.

"Just make some more." he mumbled while enjoying my breakfast.

I sighed, "Nah, I'm okay."

"What wrong with you?" Luke questioned.

I fiddled around with the bottom of my shirt, "Nothing." I mumbled.

Michael raised his eyebrows at me, "Girl problems?"

I scoffed, "Ha."

I put my head down, avoiding the gaze of my friends as I fiddled around with my fingers on my lap, thinking to myself how I'm going to talk to Emma about what happened last night. I really don't want to find out the truth, if she admits that she was just drunk and she wasn't thinking about what she was saying then I'd be heartbroken. I really like her. I haven't liked anyone since... well since Sadie and I dated, I guess.
Ever since Sadie cheated on me I've had a lot of trust issues with other girls, I always think they're going to do the same thing to me. There's nothing more heartbreaking than being cheated on. Its like you've completely wasted your time, energy and love on someone else when all they did was sleep with someone else behind your back, completely going against the commitment of a relationship.
I just hope and pray that Emma does genuinely like me because I don't think I've ever felt as happy before in my life than I do when I talk to her.
When I talk to Emma it's like all my worries and problems disappear, she's like a beacon of light guiding me through the darkness.
I can't even begin to imagine what life would be like without her, I know we've never physically met but I remember the day I talked to her on Skype like it was yesterday. After we talked for nearly two hours the first night I went to bed, excited to get some sleep so I could wake up the following morning to talk to her again, she just really intrigued me, I just wanted to get to know her even more. Would it be crazy to say I liked her the first time we talked? Life without Emma would just-