Sneak Peek: Stripper Diaries

Keisha

"Bitch get the fuck out my house! You think you so fucking grown right! Get the fuck out and don't come the fuck back! Take your dum ass sister wit you!" My mother yelled at me.

I was only sixteen years old and my little sister Angel was only eight. How was I going to take care of her.

I went in my room and started throwing some of mines and Angel's stuff into bags.

"Keisha where we gonna go?" Angel asked me with tears in her eyes.

"We gonna walk to Grandma Tina's house. Get your bookbag so you will have your stuff for school Monday." I told her.

I gathered all I could carry. I was tired of her getting drunk an acting crazy. She hated me because I am the reminder to her of what she use to be.

I was only sixteen but I had the body of at least a twenty-five year old. I had thirty six D breast with a twenty six inch waist with a forty inch ass an hips. My body was very tight an toned because I was a cheerleader at New Brunswick High School.

I have smooth coco colored skin with not one blemish insight. My mother hated that everyone always says I look like her when she was young.

My mother use to be the most beautiful woman I ever saw until the drinking and drugging started to affect her appearance.

She had missing teeth, sagging titties, and horrible acne. Her once beautiful face turned old an beat up.

As I got older I became more attractive an prettier than she ever thought I would.

"Come on Angel let's go." I said to my little sister.

We left without saying a word to my mother. That was the last day we would see Johnnie Mae for ten years.

We walked from our house on Townsend Street all the way to Ward Street to our grandma's house.

We were cold and hungry. Angel was tired from walking all that way in the cold. I knocked on my grandma's door praying she would let us in.

"Who the hell is this at nine o'clock at night? Who is it?!" My grandma Tina yelled.

"Grandma Tina it's Keisha and Angel. Momma put us out." I said fighting back tears.

I heard at least four locks being unlocked. Then the door swung open to show my grandma Tina standing there in her nightgown.

"Get in the house. It's colder that polar bear piss out there. Let me guess ya momma been drinking." She said as she shut an locked the door behind us.

"Yup." Angel said.

My grandma Tina shook her head with disappointment. She hated when my mother treated us badly.

"Well ya'll go get cleaned up. I got some lime beans, rice, smothered chicken, and some buttermilk biscuits on the stove ya'll could eat." She said.

Angel started grinning from ear to ear cause we haven't eaten in three days besides lunch at school.

My mom spent all her food stamps on liquor and drugs for her an her boyfriend Al.

We showered and ate. Angel ate so much that she fell asleep at the table. I went an laid her down.

Grandma Tina had taking all our clothes to the basement an put them in the washing machine.

She said just to make sure we didn't bring no roaches.

I was in the kitchen washing dishes an putting food away when Grandma Tina came upstairs.

"Keisha baby I could have done that." She said sitting at the table.

"It's okay grandma I got it." I said.

"Well baby y'all two can stay here as long as you want. Just go to school an be better than that damn momma of yours." Grandma Tina said.

"Thank you grandma. I will definitely be nothing like that woman." I said.

I made a vow that night that no matter what I had to do I would never end up like my mother; nor would I let Angel end up like her.

We would be good by any means.