Chapter 5: Sheba

Sheba POV

I was sitting in my living room looking at old photos of my children when they were small and pictures of Yolanda and Hector when they were small. I was flipping thru the photo album when I came across some pictures of me and Domino when we first got together. He once made me so happy until I learned about Maria and her children. The day I found out that Domino had a whole other family on the other side of town that's when my whole life changed.

I was three months pregnant with my twins when Mark Domino's brother slipped up and said Hector and Yolanda is gonna be so excited about the babies. I had been in a relationship with Domino for two years and had no clue he had other children. My brother Rastah had tried to worn me about Domino but I was young and in love. It seems like it was just yesterday when I knocked on Maria's door and turned both of our lives upside down.

Flashback.....

I pulled up to this beautiful home in a nice Brooklyn neighborhood not knowing what to expect. I don't think Mark knew he was telling me a secret. I got out of my black Range Rover and the cool Autumn air hit me. It was like I had concrete bricks chained to my feet. My legs felt so heavy and I didn't know what to do. I walked up the steps of that brownstone ready for whatever was to come.

I rang the door bell and this pretty little girl answered the door. Her hair was in two pigtails and she had on a pink jumpsuit with pick and white airmax's. Her big brown eyes were just staring back at me as tears filled my eyes. Here I was thinking I was going to be the first to give Domino children and he already had a son and a gorgeous little girl.

I heard a woman's voice yelling from the back saying "Yolanda who is at the door". She smiled at me and said "Mommy it's a pretty lady." She pulled me in the house her little hand clasped in mines. She pulled me to the kitchen where this beautiful Spanish woman was cooking and rushing around the kitchen. "Who is it Yolanda" she asked. "Look its this pretty lady mommy" she said sounding so adorable.