More Than Friends (James Potter)

Here is the first of the 1K requests. Thank you all so much for reading! This one shot was requested by talkpottertome  I hope you like it!

I sat in the Gryffindor Common Room curled up with a good book. My hair was pulled up into a messy bun and an oversized Quidditch sweatshirt. I turned the page and vaguely head the sound of someone padding down the stairs.

"Hey, Andra, have you seen my Quidditch-" I looked up as James Potter swept his hair out of his eyes with an eyebrow raised.

"Can I help you, Potter?" I asked with a smile. He walked over an lifted my legs up before sitting down and putting them back over his lap, resting his arm over the back of the sofa.

"I was just seeing where this had run off to," I said picking up a small bit of the material of the sweatshirt.

"Well, I found it all helpless on the floor of my dorm room and thought I would rescue it." I replied, turning my attention back to my book.

James reached forward and took the book out of my hands, marking the page and putting it down. He then turned to me with his arms open and I adjusted so that I was cuddling into him.

"How was your day?" I asked peering up at him.

"Same old, same old - wait, you were there!" He said, causing me to laugh.

"Oh, Prongs, precious, precious Prongs." I said.

"Thanks, Fluffles. Nice lot of confidence you've given me there." James laughed, throwing his head back which gave me my chance.

James looked back to see me sitting on his chest, I pawed gently at his nose.

"Aww, Fluffles, you're adorable." Prongs cooed. I pawed at him again before turning from my animagaus form into my human form, causing James to let out a groan of pain as I sat on his chest.

"Still adorable, am I?" I asked, climbing off his chest and grabbing my book on my way up to the dorms.

"Always. You going to the party tomorrow night?" He called out.

"Yeah!" I called back before I disappeared into the girls dorms.

****

I'd known James all my life. My family had moved next door to the Potters when I had just turned one and the two of us and been inseparable since. We would play in each other's gardens, have baths together, play Quidditch together, we were even sorted into Gryffindor together. He was like my brother, but people don't tend to fall for their brothers. Remus was the only one that knew that I had feelings for James, and he swore that he wouldn't tell anyone, mainly because I'd pushed my feelings deep down.

I stood in front of the mirror in my dorm, vaguely listening to what Lily, Marlene, Alice and Dorcas were talking about.

"Andra!"

I turned my head to face the girls.

"Are you really wearing that?" Marlene asked me.

I nodded.

"It's comfy." I replied.

"It's a party." She said getting up. "And we are going to make you all pretty!"

"No!" I said, raising my eyebrow.

"Please! Please! Pretty Please! Pleaaaaaase!" Marlene said bouncing up and down.

I groaned and threw my hands up in the air. "Fine!"

****

The party was already in full swing when we arrived in the Common Room, I didn't know what we were celebrating but I didn't care. I excused myself from the girls and made my way over to Remus, Sirius and Peter.

"Pads, Moons, Wormy." I greeted them, smirking at their slacked jaws.

"Fluffles?" Sirius exclaimed.

I bowed. "At your service."

"Where's Prongs?" I asked.

"FLUFFLES!" A voice bellowed loudly about two centimetres from my ear. I looked up to see James towering over me, his glasses skewed on his face, a loopy grin accompanying them along with a bottle of firewhisky in his hand.

I laughed and took the bottle from him handing it behind me for one of the boys to take. I took James' hand and lead him to one of the sofas. "Let's get you some water, Prongsy."

I sat him down before returning with some water. "Drink. All of it."

I sat opposite from him on the sofa and refilled his cup when he had drunk it.

"Thanks." He muttered when he was a bit more sober. "You look really pretty today, Y/N Andra."

"Thank you, James Potter." I replied with a smile. He shifted closer towards me.

"You've never worn a dress or make up as long as I've known so and that's like a long time." He said.

"I know James."

"Do you know why I was drinking?"

"Cause it's a party?"

"Cause I needed the confidence to say something."

"James, you're perfectly confident without alcohol." I told him.

"But I'm not confident enough to tell you that I love you. I always have, for as long as I can remember." James admitted.

I smiled. "James, I love you too. Just tell me again, when you're sober and I'll consider going on a date with you." I joked before kissing his forehead and heading off to find the girls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6 YEARS LATER (November 1981)

Me and James sat in our house, playing with Harry. Ever since we were told that Harry could be the child of the prophecy, we hadn't ventured outside. It was Halloween and we were telling him stories of our times at Hogwarts.

"And your Uncle Pads-" I began when James out his arm out signalling us to be quiet. He got up and peered slightly out of the window.

"It's him. Y/N take Harry upstairs and go. I'll hold him off." James said quickly. I kissed James and turned towards the stairs.

"I love you!"

"I love you too!" He told me and I ran upstairs to Harry's room and closed the door. I placed Harry in his cot and bent down to his level.

"Harry, Mumma loves you, Dadda loves you." A green light flashed through the door and a tear escaped, travelling down my face at the loss of my husband and best friend. "Harry, be safe. Harry, be strong."

I stood up and turned around, standing in front of the cot as the door creaked open.

"Not Harry, please not Harry."

"Stand aside, foolish girl!"

"Not Harry, please, take me instead!"

He raised his wand.

"Avada Kedavra."

The green light sped towards me and everything went black.

1K words for 1K reads. I'm still so greatful for you all. I have one more request so it will be business as usual after that one but I'm still so thankful for all of you lovelies and will happily do one shots that you request if you would like! See you soon my lovelies!