I Think It Was The Nargles (Luna Lovegood)

Happy New Year my darlings! Thank you all for supporting this story! It means so much to me! Small amount of self-promotion coming up but my new James Potter book: Raison D'etre is now up, so you can go and give that a read if you wish. It is in English, although the title would make you think otherwise. Now, well done to those who guessed, this one is about Luna Lovegood! Enjoy, my darlings!

I sat in a small alcove near the Astronomy Tower. It was the best place to view the Blibbering Humdingers. It was nearing midnight and the clear black sky shone above me and as I peered out into the darkness they soon appeared. Small, bright yellow lights that hung in the air around me. I sighed at the peaceful feeling that fell around me.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" A lyrical voice mused. I turned to see Luna Lovegood standing a few metres away. "Although, the best place to view them is at the top of the hill halfway between our houses."

I patted the space next to me on the alcove as an invitation to Luna.

"You don't talk a lot do you?" She asked to which I shook my head. "Don't worry, I won't pry. If I had the option, I would probably choose not to speak either. I'm surprised as to why people don't want to get to know you more, I mean, a quiet Weasley is a hard thing to come by." I smiled at Luna's comment. She wasn't wrong, every single person in my family was very loud, even my dad who everyone would believe to be quite quiet could be as loud as the rest of the family but not me. I was Ginny Weasley's mute twin sister. I didn't mind not talking, I just felt like not talking allowed me to protect myself more.

"And besides," Luna said looking out at the sky. "The Plimpies told me everything about you already as I'm sure they told you everything about me, so, it means that we don't have to waste time getting to know all the little things about each other and instead focus on being best friends." Luna said dreamily.

I nodded vigorously indicating to the blonde that it was something I would very much enjoy.

"Alright then, I shall see to tomorrow for breakfast but for now, we must head back to our common rooms as it past curfew."

****

I almost wasn't sure whether or not Luna would show up but I was rather happy when Luna arrived in the Entrance Hall and looped her arms through mine and led the two of us to the Ravenclaw Table. We sat down opposite each other and began to fill our plates full of breakfast food.

"You're remarkable at Charms by the way," Luna commented to which I gave a grateful smile. I tapped the Care of Magical Creatures textbook Luna had and nodded my head in her direction as a way of telling her that I thought she was good at Care of Magical Creatures.

"Thank you," she told me. "Although, I wish I was a bit better, it would help me to understand why the Nargles keep on feeling the need to take my things. I couldn't find my shoes this morning, so I've gone without." Luna told me dreamily.

I grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill from my bag and quickly scribbled down

I have a spare pair if you'd like to borrow them

"Are you sure?" Luna asked her eyes wide and I nodded, so, with shared smiles, myself and Luna headed towards the Gryffindor Tower to find my other shoes.

****

Over the next few months, myself and Luna spent everyday together and with how similar we were, it didn't surprise me when I found myself falling for the blonde. I wasn't fearful of the feelings I had towards Luna, after all, the Plimpies told me that Luna felt the same which was reassuring and in my opinion, probably the reason we had gone from walking arm in arm around Hogwarts to holding hands.

It was nearing Christmas and I sat in mine and Ginny's shared room at the Burrow, eagerly awaiting Luna's arrival. Since Ginny had told mum about how close me and Luna had become, she insisted that she came over for Christmas Eve. Even though, it had been a week since I last saw her and we wrote everyday, I missed Luna like crazy. So, when mum called up to me that Luna had arrived, I ran down the stairs, practically launching off the bottom step to pull Luna into a hug.

"I've missed you too," Luna murmured into my hair. I smiled and grabbed her hand and led her outside to show her the colony of Plimpies that I had found in the Orchard last night, hoping that they were still there.

****

Dinner was a fun event, with Harry and other Order Members around, but soon myself and Luna found some peace as we sat on the stairs.

"And then, we ended up losing the Crumpled Horned Snorlack but, that's essentially how me and my father spent Christmas last year. This is a lot more fun because I get to spend it with someone else I care about." Luna said dreamily with a smile.

I smile back and placed my hand on top of hers giving it a squeeze.

"I know you care about me also, oh! look!" Luna said pointing above us. "Mistletoe."

I blushed a little and smiled before pulling Luna into a soft kiss.

"I think it was the Nargles." I whispered to her. Luna smiled and kissed me once more.

"You know this means I expect you to talk from now on, right." A voice said from the bottom of the stairs and me and Luna burst out laughing at Ginny's knowing smile from the bottom of the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6 YEARS LATER (July 2002)

I looked down at the silver ring that adorned my left ring finger. I sat in mine and Ginny's room as our mum got everyone ready downstairs. I smiled contently as Ginny's fingers weaved through my hair, twisting it delicately into an elegant style before helping me into my dress.

A knock on the door and our dad's head poked around the door.

"Oh, darling! You look beautiful!"

"Thanks dad," I told him with a smile. Since that Christmas Eve, I hadn't stopped talking. It had been a surprise to the rest of the family when I greeted them that Christmas morning but I came out of my shell over the past few years. Myself and Luna have had many adventures over the past few years with our magizoolgy jobs but I was ready for the next adventure in our lives.

Marriage.

Thank you all for waiting so patiently for this update, things have begun to pick up a bit at school so updates may be slow. Anyway, hope you all had a happy new year my darlings! And here are your emojis for the next one shot:

👨🏻‍🦰🦁🥪