That's Infatuation not Love (James Potter)

Well done to those that guessed that this one-shot is for the StagQueen Prongs himself: Mr James Potter! Enjoy, my darlings!

"You don't get it Pads, I love her!" James Potter told Sirius Black as they walked along the Charms corridor.

"No, you don't," I murmured as I walked past them.

"What did you say, Alcott?" James Potter asked turning around.

I sighed. "Clearly, I didn't say it loudly enough, Potter. You're not in love with, Evans," I told him taking a step towards the two, pushing my auburn hair out of my face. "Your infatuated, obsessed with the idea of being with her. You don't love her," I explained to him.

"Well, don't you know it all, Alcott!"

"First of all, that makes no sense, Potter and second of all, I do know a lot, Potter, the Hat didn't put me into Ravenclaw on a whim," We were now stood inches away from each other but I didn't back down.

"Help me make Evans love me then," Potter said.

"Can't do that, Potter," I told him, tucking my auburn hair behind my ear. "Can't force someone to love you, bring someone back from the dead or kill someone," I said smiling in my head as I quoted Aladdin.

"You can do all of those," James said confused.

"Not in Aladdin," I mumbled. "Well, then, I'm sure you can find a way, good day, Potter,"

"Alcott, wait!" James said chasing after me. "Please can you help me with Evans?" He said rocking back and forth on his feet.

I rolled my eyes. "Thursday. The library. After dinner. Don't be late." I then knocked on the door to the Ravenclaw Common Room, answered the riddle and went in.

****

I was 5 minutes early to my meeting with James, so I sat with my Ancient Runes textbook and made the notes that I needed for the next lesson.

"Been here a while, Alcott?"

"Long enough," I said closing my book and looking up at him.

"Right, tell me what you would do if you were to ask Evans out," I said bluntly.

"Well, first of all, I would recruit the boys and come up with a grand gest-"

"Stop."

"What?"

"One or two grand gestures are nice but too many too often can be overbearing and will stop her being attracted to you. Save them for special occasions like her birthday or anniversaries"

"Why should I listen to you, Alcott,"

"Cause I'm female so I know what I'm talking about. I also hang around with Lily more than you do and for longer."

"Fine. Ok, so no grand gestures. If they don't work, I would go up to her in the common room, just sit down on the sofa, just a small hello Lilyflower."

"Nope."

"What!"

"No nicknames. Especially stupid ones, calling her darling maybe once or something would pique her interest if this was first year but we're 5th years so no nicknames. Just call her Lily. Calling her by her first name will surprise her more and if she asks you why no nicknames tell her that you could tell that she didn't like it, so you decided to stop." I smirked as James began writing as I spoke.