39

The calm before the storm is common phrase used

The calm before the storm is common phrase used. No one ever says there's some sort of calm after the storm.

In Jimin's case, there wouldn't be.

"I've got dance competition to prepare for."

"That's alright Chimmy." Yoongi's raspy voice spoke over the phone. "I got preparations for the new game to work on, we'll both be equally busy."

"I'll see you tonight?"

"Tonight?"

Jimin mentally sighed. He never realized how absent minded Yoongi could be given his job. "Remember? We had dinner at your house."

"Ah yeah! I already got the ingredients, I just forgot for a sec. Still haven't had my morning coffee."

But he knew the older didn't mean bad. "I'll see you then."

"Hey Chim, don't overwork yourself."

"I won't."

"Promise me." The certainty in his voice, the commanding tone of it made Jimin gulp.

"I promise."

"Good. See ya later."

The blond was scared he wouldn't be able to keep that promise though. He had already stayed during his break to practice the choreography even more.

He told himself that as long as he iced himself and didn't push too hard, he'd be fine.

He grabbed a towel from the floor and started wiping the sweat off his forehead. As he makes his way to the door to actually take his break, he hears a voice.

"When are you gonna tell Jimin?" That' deep yet cheerful voice is Hoseok's.

"I don't know..." And that soft spoken one is Jungkook's. "I don't think I will. Not for now?"

"He deserves to know. It'd be weird if I knew and he didn't."

"Well, you're my roommate, that's different."

That hurt Jimin. Was it really that different? I thought I was your hyung as well Kookie.

"Yeah, but how am I supposed to keep it a secret. I suck at lying, you know that."

"You're not lying if you just don't say anything." He hears the younger groaning. "Just... I'll tell him. I just need time."

Huh...

Jimin lets go of the handle, dropping the towel by his boom box and turning it on again. He needed to keep his mind off of this sudden heart ache.

Yoongi tilted his head, feeling off all of the sudden while working. "Tae... who did the coding on this new update for Fortcraft?"

Taehyung doesn't respond and to Yoongi's surprise, it isn't due to him looking at the computer and working, he's actually looking at his phone.

"Taehyung."

The younger looks up, a smile on his face. "Yeah?"

"Who did the coding for this update?"

Taehyung looks at Yoongi's computer, leaning, phone still in hands. "Oh, me."

Yoongi frowns, looking at the coding files. "Seriously? Tae, this is a jumbled mess."

The silver haired boy finally puts his phone down as he looks at it, eyes scanning. "Oh... I must have gotten distracted."

Yoongi eyes him up and down. "Are you okay?"

The younger frowns, the smile still on his face. "Yeah..? Why wouldn't I be?"

The older sees how he reaches for his phone again yet he stops him. The two stare at each other in the eyes. "Focus. It worries me when you overwork yourself but it worries me more when you don't do your job right."

Taehyung's smile wipes off as he nods. "Sorry."

The two turn back to their computers but the older can't let it go. "Who's the guy?"

To that, Taehyung coughs, and Namjoon finally joins the conversation a row behind them. "Obviously Jungkook."

That only makes the absent minded friend cough even more. "W-What? Of course n-not!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Dude, you are the worse at lying."

"I'm not dating Jungkook!"

"Not what we said." Namjoon wiggles his eyebrows, pushing himself towards Taehyung on his desk chair. "So you're dating him?"

"No!" Taehyung waves his hand on the air, fanning himself. "Let me work in peace."

Namjoon almost goes at it again but Yoongi notices that Taehyung finally puts on his glasses and he stops him.

Taehyung would come along eventually. They weren't ones to keep secrets between each other, and with Taehyung being blatantly obvious, there was no actual secret.

If only it were that easy with Jimin's friends. Said boy kept dancing until it was time to leave. Rather being forced to leave.

a/n: holy fucking shit this book gained a thousand reads in like less than week and im intimidated... thank you 😊